Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Goodwin Fire

I just saw info on this fire. I am truly saddened but this. This fire is burning right through my normal javalina area, that I have grown up camping and hunting in.

Godspeed to all the people impacted by this fire in their everyday life, and to all the people fighting it.

I have spent more time in those hills in the Bradshaws than any other place outdoors.

Harley

I know how you feel. My birthday is at the end of August and for many years my present to myself was a week-long archery deer and turkey hunt in 1 & 27. After the Wallow fire all my favorite spots looked like a nuclear blast zone.

• Like 1

I just found a detailed map. My favorite javalina hill and favorite recreation camp spot have burned. Sad days.

Hopefully this will help clean up some of the super nasty stuff in there, but the area won't be viable again for at least a few years.

I am glad I didn't put in for deer in 20a this year. I wouldn't know where to start or what to do. Next javalina season will be a clean slate I guess.

It was pretty bad Tuesday and Wednesday, today was better the smoke wasn't as bad this picture is looking south from my work by fain lake on Tuesday about 2:30

post-3815-0-16707800-1498787121_thumb.jpg

I hope Breezy Pines stays stays safe. It is a nice place. Big bug mesa is great too .

It looks like they are fighting hard to protect Mayer, Breezy Pines, and Poland Junction. The fire has jumped up on Big bug mesa in spots, but it looks like they are fighting to keep most of the fire off the rim of the mesa.

Its moving pretty fast my Buddies parents lost there house, My grandparents Got evacuated yesterday alittle after lunch. Hopefully they can get it contained soon.

It turned my collection of custom rifles into a whole bunch of barreled actions. Looks like elk camp will be a little more basic this year.

Two of my favorite hunting spots were eaten by fires. I hike into those places now and it looks like a war zone and tanks went through. Sorry to hear, it's not a good feeling for sure.

It turned my collection of custom rifles into a whole bunch of barreled actions. Looks like elk camp will be a little more basic this year.

just curious did you evacuate and leave everything at the house? Did they not give you any time?

I'm working out of state found out about it 4 hrs before it went up.

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully your insurance will pull through for you.

That is horrible to hear. I wish you all the best with trying to get your situation handled. I am sure this has to be a tough time.

I am sure if you need help though CWT is a good place to see how good people in the world can help.

Its moving pretty fast my Buddies parents lost there house, My grandparents Got evacuated yesterday alittle after lunch. Hopefully they can get it contained soon.

This right here. We had to haul a$$ Wednesday to go get our kids from the 2-week summer camp they were at because nobody could guarantee the fire wouldn't spread that way (just west of Groom Creek). I've done tons of wildlife surveys and other job-related stuff in that area. When I heard Walker was being evacuated, my blood pressure shot way up. I have a friend working on the incident management team and we were texting talking off and on all morning, Wednesday. She was one of our emergency contacts for our kids. She was getting me info and finally called me up, to let me know all the people she knew were saying "Tell your friend to hurry the #$#% up and get his kids out of camp!" It cost us a fly fishing trip to the San Juan that we still have to pay for (sore subject), but our kids' safety will always be first. They were bummed that we were pulling them out, but then we got the email from the camp director that evening saying mandatory evacuations were in order for their camp.

If you need some gear for camp this year, let me know.