Sign in to follow this  
jr4asu

What scope for a 6.5 cm Savage predator 10

So I'm looking at a couple of scopes... I want something for target or long range shooting and hunting also. Not dead set on Burris but I've liked what I have seen so far. The 5-25 seems long however I like it a lot. Anyone have this size on a hunting rifle?

Burris xtr ii 5-25x50

Burris xtr ii 3-15x50

Burris veracity 3-15 or 4 or 5

I have a veracity 5-25 on my .338 Lapua. It's been a great scope

I have several scopes in the 5-25×56 or 6-24×56 range. All work fine for long range hunting, steel, paper. They are just a touch much for close shots, but not terrible. I also have a 3-20×50and a 3-15×50. I think that range is about as good as it gets in a hunting scope for any reasonable distance, especially with a cartridge like the 6.5 CM.

I would look at the 3-15 or 4-20.

Thanks everyone...

I really want to move out past 200 yrds shooting and with the 6.5 cm I think it's possible. The only thing is there aren't to many ranges that go beyond 500yrds around the valley. I want to work up to 1000yrds but take my time.

With this scope I just don't want to go to low on my upper end magnification so I can have it for the longer ranges as I work up to them. I have a Vortex 4-16x50 on my .270 win and a VX3I 4.5-14x40 on my .223.

I have the same exact rifle. It shoots lights out. Sub 1/4" MOA with hand loads. Mine is wearing a VX6 3-18x44 with fire dot reticle. I really like the scope.

Thanks everyone...

I really want to move out past 200 yrds shooting and with the 6.5 cm I think it's possible. The only thing is there aren't to many ranges that go beyond 500yrds around the valley. I want to work up to 1000yrds but take my time.

With this scope I just don't want to go to low on my upper end magnification so I can have it for the longer ranges as I work up to them. I have a Vortex 4-16x50 on my .270 win and a VX3I 4.5-14x40 on my .223.

You going to have fun!!! Once you start shooting long range your 200 yard shot will feel like a hip shot and 400-500 yards will feel like a 300 yard shot

I have the same exact rifle. It shoots lights out. Sub 1/4" MOA with hand loads. Mine is wearing a VX6 3-18x44 with fire dot reticle. I really like the scope.

That's great to hear with the rifle. I need to get into reloading. Thanks for the info.

You going to have fun!!! Once you start shooting long range your 200 yard shot will feel like a hip shot and 400-500 yards will feel like a 300 yard shot

Thanks it's just finding time... I started reading the thread on your rifle build, sounds really cool.

• Like 1

There are a lot of folks on here that will be happy to help you get started reloading. I just started last year. The 6.5 CM is a great round to start with.

I have several scopes in the 5-25×56 or 6-24×56 range. All work fine for long range hunting, steel, paper. They are just a touch much for close shots, but not terrible. I also have a 3-20×50and a 3-15×50. I think that range is about as good as it gets in a hunting scope for any reasonable distance, especially with a cartridge like the 6.5 CM.

I would look at the 3-15 or 4-20.

[/quote, I like what Lance says. On a hunting scope I would stay in the 3-15 or 4,5X14 bracket. Cheap stuff like Burris dissolves after 16 power, nothing is cheap anymore LOL BTW. After 61 years of shooting, optics are all great if you know how pick the right thing for your needs.