Sign in to follow this  
KaibabHunter

QAD Exodus vs Slick Trick

I decided to go from 100 gr to 125 gr broadheads for the upcoming elk tag. Been shooting ST Magnum 100's (4 blade) the last few years but the QAD Exodus Full (3 blade) caught my eye for a change. The reviews on the Exodus seem really good, curious if anyone here uses em and what ur experience has been with penetration/blood trails.

Hard core Slick Trick user here. Why change if it ain't broke. I put some 125's on my arrows too. There was a noticeable difference in accuracy.

Guessing it would be the FOC change.

• Like 2

I just bought 2 dozen ramcats cant wait to shoot a hog with them in 2 weeks and see how they do.

Die hard slick tricker here too. I really don't see any room for improvement on them. Animals don't seem to like them much though

• Like 1

Used QAD Exodus on my elk hunt 2 years ago (100 grain)- I loved them. Tough as nails with great penetration. I used the barbed style and highly recommend it. I hit my bull farther back and my immediate thought was that I would never find him. He only went about 200 yards and I attribute it to the fact that the barb kept that broadhead

in him instead of "throwing" the arrow.

There is lots of argument over whether it's better for the arrow to come out to allow more bleeding but I'm a big believer that if the broad head stays attached to the arrow in a big animal like an elk it does more damage as it moves and "churns" the broadhead within the body cavity. Worked great in my bull - just enough external bleeding to follow the trail alright but a ton of internal bleeding from that broadhead churning as he ran and bumped into trees.

Used QAD Exodus on my elk hunt 2 years ago (100 grain)- I loved them. Tough as nails with great penetration. I used the barbed style and highly recommend it. I hit my bull farther back and my immediate thought was that I would never find him. He only went about 200 yards and I attribute it to the fact that the barb kept that broadhead

in him instead of "throwing" the arrow.

There is lots of argument over whether it's better for the arrow to come out to allow more bleeding but I'm a big believer that if the broad head stays attached to the arrow in a big animal like an elk it does more damage as it moves and "churns" the broadhead within the body cavity. Worked great in my bull - just enough external bleeding to follow the trail alright but a ton of internal bleeding from that broadhead churning as he ran and bumped into trees.

Just be careful on this if you hunt other states. I believe barbed broadheads are illegal in some areas.

Slick trick are proven by many hunters on here. I haved killed many big game animals with them, Elk, Deer, Javelina.

Two pass through shots on elk, both died within 60 yards of where they were arrowed. So I think it about shot placement versus arrow staying in the animal. Just my opinion.

Yeah I'm biased on Slick tricks been using them since 2010.