Edge

Name that gun!

Stevens

Winner!. I'm thinking model would be too tough, it's a model 43

I was going to guess early Remington rimfire.

That brings me to something related to old guns and rimfire. When I was a really young kid, I lived in Browning Montana. My dad used to take us to "Buffalo Jumps" to look for arrow heads, etc. I found an intact 45 caliber rim fire cartridge. Anyone have any history on 45 rim fire?

I was going to guess early Remington rimfire.

That brings me to something related to old guns and rimfire. When I was a really young kid, I lived in Browning Montana. My dad used to take us to "Buffalo Jumps" to look for arrow heads, etc. I found a 45 caliber bullet - case and bullet that was rimfire. Anyone have any history on 45 rimfire?

I used to pickup rimfire .45 and .45-70 rimfires. I'd guess they were made around 1870 give or take.

My most recent find of an old rimfire round was out at Humbug, a .41 short, probably for a Derringer.

• Like 1

It's a Stevens Favorite. Was my Granfathers, then my Uncles, now mine. I started on a BB gun then graduated to this. I had so much fun shooting this when I was a kid.

• Like 1

It's a Stevens Favorite. Was my Granfathers, then my Uncles, now mine. I started on a BB gun then graduated to this. I had so much fun shooting this when I was a kid.

Awesome, about what year was it made?

Let's get another gun up