Edge

Name that gun!

Cactus Jack, put a gun up

I have that exact same gun. Christmas present from my grandfather when I was 10. Many dove, quail, rabbits and snakes notched into that one.

Anytime I take a new kid hunting, that gun makes the trip.

Great memories, thanks!

Savage 24

correct, sir. It was a .22 over 20ga. Always thought the .357 over 12ga. would be a great combo.

I have that exact same gun. Christmas present from my grandfather when I was 10. Many dove, quail, rabbits and snakes notched into that one.

Anytime I take a new kid hunting, that gun makes the trip.

Great memories, thanks!

Savage 24

correct, sir. It was a .22 over 20ga. Always thought the .357 over 12ga. would be a great combo.

My son has the Savage now, it was his great grandfather's.

Sent me pics last week of it along with some rabbits he was roasting over afire taken with it.

• Like 2

Here's an odd story but fun. I've got an old .22 that my grandfather bought as a kid. It even has an indention where he crossed many a fence with it. The fun part is, he put on ice skates to collect walnuts (Oklahoma - way back when) to earn the $5 to buy it from a hardware shop. I know how many rabbits and squirrels I killed with that gun, but can only imagine how many came during his time with it, not to mention my dad and his brothers.

• Like 2

Mine is in .243....

Name that gun!

post-11051-0-17562300-1502686606.jpg

Here's an odd story but fun. I've got an old .22 that my grandfather bought as a kid. It even has an indention where he crossed many a fence with it. The fun part is, he put on ice skates to collect walnuts (Oklahoma - way back when) to earn the $5 to buy it from a hardware shop. I know how many rabbits and squirrels I killed with that gun, but can only imagine how many came during his time with it, not to mention my dad and his brothers.

pic

Edge, That's a Winchester 88. I've shot a couple of them and a Winchester 100.

Correct!

Here is a fairly easy one.attachicon.gif20170813_201707.jpg

Easy?

Sharps or Stevens? Forestock throwing me, I'll go with the Stevens