Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Propane tank certification

Isn't it cheaper to just exchange the empty expired tank for a full tank that already has a valid certification? Assuming it's a standard size of course.

I do that with the expired ones. Much easier.unless it is a 7 gallon Rv tank.

Amerigas off of Bethany Home and Grand in Glendale. I was going to have them do mine, but had a local company in Snowflake do it instead.

Isn't it cheaper to just exchange the empty expired tank for a full tank that already has a valid certification? Assuming it's a standard size of course.

No.

• Like 2

The exchange tanks are not full but it easier to get an new exchange than to re certify an old one. The re certified are not for as long as a new one.

H

No.

You sure about that? Recertification is like $10-15. Cost to exchange is typically less than $10 more than the cost to fill an empty tank.

I got my small tanks re certified for $5.00 each, the 5 Gal. I think is just easier to exchange out, but go through all of the tanks and get the newest one.

One time cost.

Well, yeah, but I'm not saying you exchange the tank EVERY time, only when You have an expired tank. Once you do the exchange you have a tank that is now certified for refilling for the next 12 years. Once you recertify a tank it has to be certified again and again every 5 years.

Last time I did it I came to the conclusion that it was cheaper to re-certify and it was a one time expense good for I think at least 5 years so yes..a one time fee sort of :) What does it cost to fill a certified tank these day's? Isn't a trade in about 30 bucks?

I know you asked about somewhere in Phoenix but wanted to let you know if you or anyone else are hunting or fishing near Eager that High Country Propane recertifies for nothing. I was camped 4 weeks near Big Lake and was told this so I took 5 propane bottles, some were out dated for years, and they recertified free and filled them really cheap. :)

TJ

• Like 2

I know you asked about somewhere in Phoenix but wanted to let you know if you or anyone else are hunting or fishing near Eager that High Country Propane recertifies for nothing. I was camped 4 weeks near Big Lake and was told this so I took 5 propane bottles, some were out dated for years, and they recertified free and filled them really cheap. :)

TJ

Good deal man! We got a place in Eagar, I'll make sure they get all my business!!!!

• Like 1