Sign in to follow this  
Buckwheat893

Help aging buck

Since the ONLY way to reliably age a deer is by their teeth, you're going to have to give us a closer photo...

Im working on that part... hopefully I can get a teeth pic for ya in December!

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't think he's that old....

Not a white enough face in the right areas, snout too long, not enough spine curvature, etc. I think he's 2-3....

But pictures are tough...

Since the ONLY way to reliably age a deer is by their teeth, you're going to have to give us a closer photo...

Cementum annuli aging is actually not accurate at all. Scientific perhaps but not accurate.

Couple more angles on him. To me, hes definitely got some sway in the back, he has a low/heavy stature and knock-knees, a big fat brisket and mass that is indicative of an older age class buck. His frame also appears to be regressing (left side just sucks). I have 4 of his sheds, and best I can tell hes probably 8 or 9. Only one way to find out for sure, hes who Im hunting during archery season so hopefully I can make it happen!

post-15566-0-39705500-1507493932_thumb.jpegpost-15566-0-39935700-1507493942_thumb.jpegpost-15566-0-01235300-1507494053_thumb.jpegpost-15566-0-52105000-1507494073_thumb.jpeg

Better pictures for sure and you've got a history....

Both important items when asking for age guesses...

• Like 1