Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Kuiu Warranty

Kuiu will have there semi setup at fashion square mall 10/19-10/21 if you just want to bring your pack to them

• Like 2

post-3465-0-97991000-1507999228_thumb.jpeg

post-3465-0-26445300-1507999263_thumb.jpeg

There is a piece of Velcro that attaches to the frame on the shoulder straps that is used for adjustment. Looks like the Velcro is just glued on and it came apart while I was hiking.

That's funny, I had a similar event with Aron. I emailed him and he emailed back his phone # and said call him. It was like 5:00 in the morning and when I called him, he said he was sitting on the side of a hill waiting for the sun to come up. Customer service is pretty top notch over there.

5 days and not a peep from kuiu. Wish I had time to order a kifaru pack cause I have heard nothing but great things about their packs and now customer service.

I don’t know your time frame but there’s usually some good set ups on roksilde. Used but usually never been in the field and some times there are some good deals to be had

I ordered an Icon Pro from Kuiu a few years ago. When I received it I wasn't impressed with the workanship. The webbing wasn't melted properly on the ends and was frayed in several areas. Not something I couldn't easily fix but I was disappointed in the quality and workmanship. I emailed customer support to let them know of my disappointment and received a response that left me feeling that they could cared less. I sold the pack and am now pretty anti Kuiu for this and a number of other reasons.

I saved up (they aren't cheap) and just got a Kifaru Reckoning pack. It just arrived last week so I haven't had it in the field. But I stuffed it and walked around in it for a while. So for I love it. Most comfortable pack I have ever put on especially with some weight in it. Their staff is awesome and supper helpful too. It takes a few weeks from the time you order till you get your pack, because they build it for you (with your specs) after you order it.

But they don have the Kuiu green cow camo pattern. 😂 (Told you I'm a hater)

post-6408-0-76004600-1508037450_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I had the same issue with mine last weekend. Went to put it on and the Velcro came undone. Luckily my sister in law is a seamstress and she was at my house at the time. Got it sewed on in about 15 minutes and wont have that issue again. That is a poor design on their part but I really love the pack so Im sticking with it

• Like 1

Kuiu is sending me new shoulder straps. It took till the fifth business day but I am glad to see they are taking care of me. I will be interested to see if they changed the design for attaching the Velcro.

• Like 2

Kuiu is sending me new shoulder straps. It took till the fifth business day but I am glad to see they are taking care of me. I will be interested to see if they changed the design for attaching the Velcro.

Let us know what you think

I too have heard of troubles with the Kuius. One of the reasons I've stuck with my MR 6500 over the years. Heavy, but built like a tank. Never a bad word about Kifaru though.

Hope you get things sorted out without too much delay. 15D is a fun unit with great scenery. Just not as many rams now.

That's funny, I had a similar event with Aron. I emailed him and he emailed back his phone # and said call him. It was like 5:00 in the morning and when I called him, he said he was sitting on the side of a hill waiting for the sun to come up. Customer service is pretty top notch over there.

5 days and not a peep from kuiu. Wish I had time to order a kifaru pack cause I have heard nothing but great things about their packs and now customer service.
Check rokslide. There is two on there ready to go if the frame fits you.

Check rokslide. There is two on there ready to go if the frame fits you.
  • Like 1

Yep Rokslide and Kifaru forums often has great deals on packs. I have a Kifaru Duplex Frame and a Late Season and both kick butt. Late Season is my go to pack for hunting that can easily pack out a boned out deer in one trip or a couple of elk quarters. Just packed the fronts from my recent bull in that thing. Tight but doable. Duplex frame is for awkward heavy loads. Packed my stand and sticks no problem. Felt like nothing was even back there. I highly recommend their stuff!