Presmyk

Nosler accubond LR any reviews?

I've shot a coues at 500 yds and muley at 75 yards with the 210 LR accubond out of my 300 WM. Both were hard quartering angles and the bullets traveled through the entire length of the body, being recovered in the offside hide. Textbook mushrooms with solid base perfectly intact. Roughly 55% weight retention on both. Not sure if it is my gun or the bullets but loading has been very finicky. Ultimately got 1/2 moa groups but the accuracy node is very small with varying powder charges. I have only experimented with h1000 as I want to use a temp stable powder

Do you have pic of the recovered bullets

Ive had good success regarding accuracy in some rifles and not others. Ive also had good luck with weight and dimension uniformity.

Yes the BCs are inflated. In all reality theyre still respectable and any self respecting long range hunter would verify its BC out of their rifle anyway.

I ran the 210 in my last 300 Win. Accuracy was often in the .2s and .3s. Sometimes .4-.5. I took a mature bull elk at 600 yards through both scapulae and the middle of his spine. I retrieved the bullet from the offside hide at 100 grains.

I currently run the 142 in my 6.5-284 which is currently burned out. Its the only bullet I can shoot with any reasonable accuracy in what was a phenomenal shooting barrel. Itll only do .5.-7 but all other choices offer well over a MOA.

I also have used the 168 in my 280AI with great accuracy. Consistent .3-.4

I havent taken game with the 142 but I have taken a caribou and moose with the 7mm 168. Both were pass throughs but the apparent performance was more than acceptable.

I havent had much luck getting sub moa in my 308s with the 190 or 168. That said efforts there havent been extensive.

All in all, its one of my favorite hunting bullets. I often get criticized by other long range shooters like Im somehow a traitor to the sport because I dont support their opinions about the ABLR or their favorite almighty bullets. Like I care. Down range is all I care about.

• Like 1

Inflating the BC of a bullet by 10% plus on the part of the manufacture is not a mistake, it is a flat out lie. I have used Nosler bullets for many years. Right now there are not as many of them on my shelf. If they currently feel it is OK to engage in a campaign of using falsified BC's to attempt to gain market share I will choose to use another manufactures bullet. There are lots of Berger bullets on my shelf right now.

• Like 2

If they work for you, shoot them. It is not the on-game performance that led me away from them. Nor was it the inflated BC. It was strictly lack of accuracy. The NABs have always flown well for what I loaded them for.

• Like 1

If they work for you, shoot them. It is not the on-game performance that led me away from them. Nor was it the inflated BC. It was strictly lack of accuracy. The NABs have always flown well for what I loaded them for.

Yeah, you're right. If they work good for you go with Litz's BC's and shoot them. I had always had good results with BT's and AB's. My reason for dumping the ABLR was that it couldn't match the berger for accuracy, not the inflated BC. Still, it really irritates me when a manufacturer provides false specifications to make their product look more appealing. I had my little temper tantrum. I feel better now.
  • Like 2

Let alone when you plug it in your shooter app your going to be way off at 650 yards!! Bergers you know when you put in the BC you will be lot closer (if you haven't checked drops yet)

• Like 1

Ive had good success regarding accuracy in some rifles and not others. Ive also had good luck with weight and dimension uniformity.

Yes the BCs are inflated. In all reality theyre still respectable and any self respecting long range hunter would verify its BC out of their rifle anyway.

I ran the 210 in my last 300 Win. Accuracy was often in the .2s and .3s. Sometimes .4-.5. I took a mature bull elk at 600 yards through both scapulae and the middle of his spine. I retrieved the bullet from the offside hide at 100 grains.

I currently run the 142 in my 6.5-284 which is currently burned out. Its the only bullet I can shoot with any reasonable accuracy in what was a phenomenal shooting barrel. Itll only do .5.-7 but all other choices offer well over a MOA.

I also have used the 168 in my 280AI with great accuracy. Consistent .3-.4

I havent taken game with the 142 but I have taken a caribou and moose with the 7mm 168. Both were pass throughs but the apparent performance was more than acceptable.

I havent had much luck getting sub moa in my 308s with the 190 or 168. That said efforts there havent been extensive.

All in all, its one of my favorite hunting bullets. I often get criticized by other long range shooters like Im somehow a traitor to the sport because I dont support their opinions about the ABLR or their favorite almighty bullets. Like I care. Down range is all I care about.

Wow you couldn’t have said it better, I for one will shoot at most distance to check the bullet. If you’re looking at shooting at long range then practice at it quit reading about it. Find what works in the rifle it may not be what the big boys are harping on, never been a follower and like to have experience with what I’m working with..

Sorry about carrying on I’m done, but 308Nut you’re right on the money!

post-12229-0-30643200-1511840250_thumb.jpeg i have settled on 200 grn regular nosler accubond and 88.5 grn of H-1000
  • Like 2

Nice group. Sometimes we get all hung up on using the latest and greatest products when the old ones that we've had for years still work perfectly good.

• Like 1

.270 Winchester, 150 grain Nosler ABLR:

Bull elk- 1025 yards- broke shoulder going in, both lungs, broke shoulder going out, found bullet in off side hideDRT

Bull elk- 800 yards, DRT

Bull elk- 275 yards, DRT

Bull elk- 525 yards, DRT

Coues deer- 810 yards, DRT

Coues deer- 701 yards, DRT

Coues deer- 750 yards, DRT

Coues deer- 910 yards, DRT

Coues deer- 518 yards, DRT

Coues deer- 508 yards, DRT

3 javelina- 300 yards and closer, DRT

Definitely need to play with the loads, powders, distance from the lands, etc (like any load), but once you find the sweet spot they shoot great. All of the above data is from my brother and Dad, observed in person. I still shoot 150 gr Berger VLD that my .270 really likes.

• Like 2

Just get the ELDX bullets they are great. They perform well and in my opinion are way better than the ABLR and the Bergers. Shot 2 deer at 400 and they did not take a step. I have used the others on elk, deer, and antelope, i believe the ELDX is far better.

Just my opinion.