Presmyk

Nosler accubond LR any reviews?

Im starting load development for 300rum have 210grn accubond lr and imr7828ssc and some RL22 to start may get some retumbo and or h1000 if they dont pan out. What arw thoughts on bullet? Looks good with a bc of .730 but i have heard.mixed reviews of inconsistent weights and needing faster twist rate and not performing on game. Any info helps

BC never matches up to what they say. Some of the highest BC in that grain will be Hornady ELDs. The Bergers are right there too. I here they perform great on animals but from all the reviews Ive seen even alot of people on this forum haven't had much luck with the LR. The Accurbonds do well but not as good BC if that is what your looking for.

I am using .651 for that bullet (not even close to published) and it seemed to be pretty close to 1000 yards. Shooting it out of a 300 WM 1:10 twist at 2990 Fps. Terminal performance was excellent at 100 yards, have not taken anything further than that but the bullet has been stable and accurate downrange.

I bought a box of them and quickly concluded the publish BC was a bunch of crap. I think Litz may have tested some ABLR bullets and come up with more realistic BC's for them.

• Like 1

Litz's test results for .308 210 ABLR. G1 0.646. G7 0.331

Awesome thank you for the info fellas. Will try them see what it does

I have used the 168 lrab in my 7mm to take three elk and have never had a problem with them. The bc is greatly inflated but as posted above Litz has proved a more accurate bc. Rl22 is what worked for me.

What distance you get the kills? Recover bullets?

Unfortunately all the shots were under 250 yards and the bullets mushroomed up under the opposite shoulder. Never a pass through but the elk didn't make it very far. Can't tell you what happens at a long range. I had a pass through at a coues at 350 and he went less then 50 yards.

I didn't use the LR accubond but did take a coues at 350 with a 257 wby. It was the regular 110 grain accubond.

Didn't recover bullet it left a pin hole entry wound silver dollar exit. Buck stood and went 10 yards and fell back and rolled the windows down dead. Yea I shot it in its bed. Just felt good and comfortable so I took the shot. Not real long either

Took the top of its heart off and vaporized the lungs. Zero meat damage. I was very happy with the bullet.

I get sub moa at 200 yards

I've shot. Barnes ttsx in similar situations and the Barnes they never took a step. Dead where they stood

All I got for ya

• Like 1

I've shot a coues at 500 yds and muley at 75 yards with the 210 LR accubond out of my 300 WM. Both were hard quartering angles and the bullets traveled through the entire length of the body, being recovered in the offside hide. Textbook mushrooms with solid base perfectly intact. Roughly 55% weight retention on both. Not sure if it is my gun or the bullets but loading has been very finicky. Ultimately got 1/2 moa groups but the accuracy node is very small with varying powder charges. I have only experimented with h1000 as I want to use a temp stable powder

• Like 1

I sold all my NABLR bullets. Bought 700, sold 620ish. I have tried 6.5mm 142, 7mm 175, 7mm 168, .308 210.

Some people love them. I could not get any of them to shoot to my personal requirements. I always had a flier that opened up a .4" to nearly a 1" group.

For most people, I am sure a 1" group is plenty accurate.

• Like 1

I sold all my NABLR bullets. Bought 700, sold 620ish. I have tried 6.5mm 142, 7mm 175, 7mm 168, .308 210.

Some people love them. I could not get any of them to shoot to my personal requirements. I always had a flier that opened up a .4" to nearly a 1" group.

For most people, I am sure a 1" group is plenty accurate.

I do believe someone suggested you just throw them in the garbage and not waste your time..... ;)

• Like 1

post-12229-0-11203100-1510681970_thumb.jpegpost-12229-0-68083800-1510681989_thumb.jpeg

I loaded 81 to 85 grn charge of 7828ssc onow i loaded up some at 81.5 and 82.5 to see what happens then mess with oal . Right now just using the factory oal at 3.60