Sign in to follow this  
KidBowHunter

How many days in the field?

How many days in the field?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. how many days do you think you spend in the field a year? (hunting, scouting, etc.)

• 1-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • More than 70

I have actually been keeping track of how many I have been in the field since January 1st this year and I am up to 124 right now and plan on another 10 or so days before the year is up.

124? good god man, do you do anything besides that?

I have been fortunate enough to spend the most that I have ever spent in the field this year. I believe i am around 30 right now, and will have 13 more (if i have to hunt every day of the December hunt) before the season is over.

I have been fortunate enough to spend the most that I have ever spent in the field this year. I believe i am around 30 right now, and will have 13 more (if i have to hunt every day of the December hunt) before the season is over.

What else is there to do besides maybe chasing women! LOL!

What else is there to do besides maybe chasing women! LOL!

That is what makes up the other 200 or so days of the year :P

Wow younghunter, that is quite an accomplishment. I don't keep track, but have often wished I did. Maybe this year. I actually have been thinking that I wanted to set a goal of spending at least 150 nights a year camping out somewhere. So daytrips going scouting or hunting wouldn't count on that goal. I think would be a tough goal to meet. Since I am a biologist though and I am doing tons of fieldwork and hunting, I might actually be already close to that. Not sure.

Amanda

I have actually been keeping track of how many I have been in the field since January 1st this year and I am up to 124 right now and plan on another 10 or so days before the year is up.

Younghunter,

If you ever get married, you better keep this kind of data classified and plead the 5th!!

Mark

Younghunter,

If you ever get married, you better keep this kind of data classified and plead the 5th!!

Mark

I've had some friends you have married and their wives who didn't know how much time the've spend in the field and marriages suffered almost ended.

I would say that you tell your future wife how much time you spend in the field or date during hunting season. :) Or if your lucky find a wife like mine who wants to spend as much time out in the field as you.

P.S. Dang I widh I could be out in the field as much as you. Hopefuly when I'm done with college and get my degree in Wildlife Biology work will let me do that.

I am self employed with a schedule that can change weekly, which makes it hard to get the hunting time in that I would like, however, I would say I hunt and scout maybe 30 days a year more or less.

Amazing how being your own boss actually keeps you away from doing what you want. Sometimes makes you want to give it all up. Nah I hate time clocks and bosses too much :rolleyes:

I am self employed with a schedule that can change weekly, which makes it hard to get the hunting time in that I would like, however, I would say I hunt and scout maybe 30 days a year more or less.

Well, I have heard your boss is a real..... :D

I checked the 51-60, but think I'm probably higher than that. Haven't kept track that closely, but I logged 10 days on my Aug deer hunt by itself & due to where I live, I'm usually hiking & checking cameras a couple times a week (or at least I was before the days got so dang short).

I've spent more time in the field in the last two years than I did in the ten years before that. I'm a much happier person for it & the GF has learned to accept that it is what it is.

Matt S.