naturebob

How bout them Devils!

1 hour ago, knothead said:

I'm an ASU grad but I feel like I can hold my head high and root for UofA since my four kids and all my money went to the dirty T.

heck yeah thats awesome. congrats!

• Like 1

U of A jinx possibly in the making??

Essentially fired at the start of what was expected to be his last week on the job, the longtime Long Beach State basketball boss told his players that the school’s athletic administration had not just quit on him but on them as well.

There’s no way they think you can win the Big West tournament, Monson said. Let’s show them they’re wrong.

The Beach showed them … and showed them … and showed them.

Three wins in as many days gave the team an unlikely tournament title and its coach an unexpected reprieve. While it didn’t save Monson’s job — he says he doesn’t want it back and his employer says he isn’t getting it back — the championship run vaulted the Beach into a familiar position on the eve of their first NCAA tournament game in a dozen years.

Seeking its first NCAA tournament victory since the high-flying days of coach Jerry Tarkanian in 1973, the 15th-seeded Beach (21-14) intends to repeat recent and distant history by stunning second-seeded Arizona (25-8) on Thursday at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City.

“Something [last] week has given them is, somebody telling them that they have no chance of winning that tournament,” Monson said of his players, “and hopefully we can continue that momentum of banding together and not worrying about anybody else.”

Must suck if you like ASU and the Cardinals, I guess suicide is always an option.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Little more, +178 odds when I booked it.

Your are a roller, whats are next bet. I put $500 on the Bengals to win the superbowl this year..

15 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Your are a roller, whats are next bet. I put $500 on the Bengals to win the superbowl this year..

You must be incredibly wealthy to place a bet like that. 

Not at all, only other thing I spend money on is fishing lures. I've never bet before until NFL playoffs do to the lions are my father in laws team being from Michigan, and he passed in September. And this is Joe's year.

• Like 1

Now I did do $175 on GCU today. Bored.

38 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Not at all, only other thing I spend money on is fishing lures. I've never bet before until NFL playoffs do to the lions are my father in laws team being from Michigan, and he passed in September. And this is Joe's year.

Good luck to ya 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Why isn't anybody betting on ASU to win today?

Long odds there. 

• Haha 1