naturebob

How bout them Devils!

55 minutes ago, Redman said:

He has to payback $5.5 million to UA.  Washington I am sure covered it.  What was Jimbo Fischer's buyout at Texas A&M? Something like $76M!!  Meanwhile the cost of tuition has outpaced inflation by 1000% . 

College players are professional players now... 

I forget who it was, but there was a kid who was a guaranteed first rounder but chose to stay in college because he made more money on his NIL than on his first round contract. That's INSANE.

32 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I forget who it was, but there was a kid who was a guaranteed first rounder but chose to stay in college because he made more money on his NIL than on his first round contract. That's INSANE.

There has been a few- the QB from Utah playing in his 7th year is one. 

45 minutes ago, Redman said:

There has been a few- the QB from Utah playing in his 7th year is one. 

Manning has it the best though. Making millions as the back up.  

16 hours ago, Redman said:

NFL has more integrity than CFB now.  Any program that shows a sign of being good will be poached... with NIL players move and they could move during the season - just crazy. Its a 1-2 year stability at best. 

Figured Fisch would be poached, just not this soon.  AZ schools have a tough time keeping good coaches, better programs and $$$.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 9:45 AM, Swivelhead said:

Figured Fisch would be poached, just not this soon.  AZ schools have a tough time keeping good coaches, better programs and $$$.

Schools that aren't the blue bloods cannot get into the mix cause they cannot get continuity in there program due to money the big boys have that pulls it away from the "lesser" programs. If Dillingham gets ASU rolling, he's likely to leave too even though he is a Sun Devil. He's too young to not keep climbing for the next greener pasture. Loyalty is gone. Money rules all and its sad.  Really all you can hope for is that teams like UofA get a season like this every so often and can just be bowl eligible most of the time to be considered successful. 

On a side note, I find it funny that all these coaches whine non stop about transfer portal yet they move around non stop. Few coaches are at a place more the 4 years. Iowa has one of the last great old school coaches. 

• Like 3

If we can keep our players (looking that way) we will be okay. They will be elevated to UofA all time great status if they continue the success they had this year. I can't believe I will now be cheering Oregon when they play UW.

On 1/14/2024 at 4:57 PM, Redman said:

NFL has more integrity than CFB now.  Any program that shows a sign of being good will be poached... with NIL players move and they could move during the season - just crazy. Its a 1-2 year stability at best. 

Agreed! College football is ruined.

The stud Salpointe defensive end has decommitted from washington. Maybe we can get him to U of A now. I doubt it but maybe.

2 hours ago, AZLance said:

not looking good for the devils...

20240217_213822.jpg

It was only 45 points.... but again the ASU dudes won't say a word

• Like 1

Bobby Hurley is the best thing that happened for U of A!  Clown coach, please don’t fire him.  

45 / 45 points UA won by football and basketball! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Nothing signals a class University like yelling "Fu*k U of A" during the National Anthem.  That place is a dump - it was nice to wave goodbye at all the students as they ran like roaches. 

SWEPT! 

Football 

Men's Basketball

Womens' Basketball