Sign in to follow this  
pwrguy

To slime or not

Good thread, I bought a mini compressor and a plug kit for my ride. This has come in handy!!!!

I bought one of those kits with c02 canisters. I keep a pack of 10 in my ranger. Never used it so hope it would be enough. With the slime I would think you would have to tear a pretty big hole to it get it sealed up.

The more slime the better. I have had multiple cholla balls stuck in a tire and never had air leakage. I carry a spare, pump, canned slime and a repair kit and have had to plug only one tire in the field that slime wouldnt take care of.

I carry a compressor and about 30 or 40 plugs, I figure even in an emergency I could put a handful of plugs in almost any hole.

Plus my cousin worked in the tire industry for many years and he said slime was irrelevant for all but the smallest holes. but what do I know, I've been fairly lucky.

Aside from slime in tires we also carried plenty of plugs, 12v compressor, spare and a short high lift Jack. I only had to change out a tire once. It was before the Ranger was even off the trailer. The bead came off it was so low. No amount of plug or slime would have fixed that.

It can play heck on aluminum wheels by pitting them.