Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Javelina highway

Found this today just cruising around with the kids. Couldn't go walk to far to see what it turned up but it dumped into some thick washes. That trail is all pig track and fresh too. No cattle anywhere. Too narrow and shallow for cattle or anything bigger anyways. Man I wish it was Ham hunt time already!

post-3797-0-91828000-1517192893_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Judging by your picture, that's some pretty steep country. :D Can't wait for our HAM hunt, too.

• Like 3

The trail goes to a huge thick wash and goes across the flats to another wash that has a tank just a little ways away. Definitely a promising looking area.

Get on Google earth and find out where it goes.

I have seen that way West like Aguila kinda area and followed for miles crossing the flat desert "NOT" funny how when you start trekking flat ground and then you run into so many deep cuts with nice cool beds and dens dug out of walls in them. Makes for difficult hunt especially if stupid hot and dry in January they may not water till dark:30

I’d be willing to bet they are using this trail late night to water or feeding grounds. It was warm last year during our ham hunt and they seemed to be in the washes most of the day so that’s were we hunted them. Probably be the same this year.

Brush part of the trail smooth then check the spot periodically for fresh tracks throughout the day and try to pinpoint the time of day they came through.

• Like 1

That's not a bad idea, however I am not driving that far just to do that. If it was closer by I might try that. Id just hang a trail cam( if I had one) down in the wash were the trail goes for a week or so and watch the times. They are around there. Those tracks are way to fresh and that trail is beaten to good not to be used regularly for them not to be close by. Its just a matter of how many are in that group.

• Like 1

I have a trail like that in my front yard. I have had many chances to shoot one but it would be too easy and I am not sure if i would eat a stink pig that eats mostly others garbage. :huh:

I have a trail like that in my front yard. I have had many chances to shoot one but it would be too easy and I am not sure if i would eat a stink pig that eats mostly others garbage. :huh:

Tastes like chicken!

• Like 1