pahncho2121

Looking to upgrade my optics...

Dont do it unless you have $2,000 ready to spend. The 12s and a spotter a THE way to go.

Would you go el 12s or the 10-15 duovid for one set of glass? I also pack a kowa 66 spotter. I'm considering dumping my 15s and 10s and moving straight across to the ELs.

I think I will have to get one now then save and get the other. I feel like the binos will be the most versatile for the way I hunt. For now at least!

Dont do it unless you have $2,000 ready to spend. The 12s and a spotter a THE way to go.

Would you go el 12s or the 10-15 duovid for one set of glass? I also pack a kowa 66 spotter. I'm considering dumping my 15s and 10s and moving straight across to the ELs.

Funny you ask that, as I have 12s and duovids. I love my duovids, but reach for my swaro 12s come opening day.

I have a vortex razor spotting scope for sale for a cheap deal if youre looking to add to the Arsenal without breaking the bank if youre interested.

If you can spring it , and this comes from a guy the uses 15x56 sworos , I would get the 12 el’s and be done . Trust me

I hadn't considered the 12's. I was worried since I have been using my 15's for the past couple years that I might miss the little extra power. To the ones carrying the 12's, are you also carrying a spotter or just the 12's?

My hunting partner carries the spotting scope it’s a Lica , I bought it he packs it ... good deal for sure ... LOL :)

If you can spring it , and this comes from a guy the uses 15x56 sworos , I would get the 12 el’s and be done . Trust me

I hadn't considered the 12's. I was worried since I have been using my 15's for the past couple years that I might miss the little extra power. To the ones carrying the 12's, are you also carrying a spotter or just the 12's?
My hunting partner carries the spotting scope it’s a Lica , I bought it he packs it ... good deal for sure ... LOL :)

That is exactly how I had my first experience with an STS 65. Seems like the only thing better than having your own is having a friend who packs one...

I have a vortex razor spotting scope for sale for a cheap deal if youre looking to add to the Arsenal without breaking the bank if youre interested.

I had this very spotter once and it turned me off from spotting scopes. It wasn't until I looked through the swaro that convinced me that spotters aren't all bad.

I had this very spotter once and it turned me off from spotting scopes. It wasn't until I looked through the swaro that convinced me that spotters aren't all bad.

You said you had a Vortex Viper spotting scope, his is a Vortex Razor. Big difference in clarity, in my opinion.

I too carry 3 sets....Zeiss 10's around neck, Zeiss 15's and Zeiss 65mm spotter in backpack. I think ideal setup for me is 12 power EL's with tripod stud and spotter.

I too carry 3 sets....Zeiss 10's around neck, Zeiss 15's and Zeiss 65mm spotter in backpack. I think ideal setup for me is 12 power EL's with tripod stud and spotter.

I agree. Thats where Im heading. I would love to trade my 15s for 12s. I feel like I would miss my 15s every once in a while though.

I bring 8s minox, 15s zeiss and 65mm spotter razor. Going to get a pair of 12s soon. Try 15s and 12s for a few months and sell one after I see what works best for me. I will always keep my 8s for archery stalks. Nothing better than 8s on a stalk in my opinion

• Like 1

You said you had a Vortex Viper spotting scope, his is a Vortex Razor. Big difference in clarity, in my opinion.

You're absolutely right. I have not looked through the razor, only my viper. However after looking through an STS 65, I get the swaro hype. Seems like the 12's might be a good choice, If I could get down to one go to pair of binos that would cut some weight down big time!