Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Could moose live in AZ?

Seeing the elk transplant to West Virginia I was curious if it would ever be possible to transplant moose to AZ? Up by Flag or Alpine seems high enough for them to live. I understand West Virginia had a prior elk population way back when and AZ never had a moose population but just curious if anyone thinks that would be a possibility.

If elk can live down In the saguaros I dont see why a moose wouldnt be able to live at 7k plus elevation. Good question.

• Like 2

Have you seen some of those shiras moose in wyoming and utah? It looks like they are in high desert desert areas with open sage country. If we put them in unit 1, 27 & 7E they would probably adapt. G&F will not introduce non-native species but an interesting topic non the less.

• Like 3

I think we have a lack of water and therefore the habitat for a viable moose population. wallows and bogs

• Like 7

Have you seen some of those shiras moose in wyoming and utah? It looks like they are in high desert desert areas with open sage country. If we put them in unit 1, 27 & 7E they would probably adapt. G&F will not introduce non-native species but an interesting topic non the less.

Just show them all the money they can make on once in a lifetime moose tags and we will have them here tomorrow.

• Like 6

Moose will always be reasonably close to willows. Even in the arid looking stuff they inhabit in Idaho and Wyoming, they arent far from live water with willows around it. They will move up into the sage in the summer to get away from the bugs but they always need willows. I think some of the stuff along the little Colorado up in unit 1 could probably hold moose.

• Like 3

Great link. Impressive that you found an article directly on point. (I also saved the site as a favorite because it has a lot of cool stuff like an article about how drinking beer can make you more creative. I'm showing that one to my better half.) Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Great link. Impressive that you found an article directly on point. (I also saved the site as a favorite because it has a lot of cool stuff like an article about how drinking beer can make you more creative. I'm showing that one to my better half.) Thanks for posting.
Its after 2pm i'm about to get creative!👍
  • Like 2

Tell Trophyhntr we said "Hey"

Just show them all the money they can make on once in a lifetime moose tags and we will have them here tomorrow.

L.O.L. right...

Its after 2pm i'm about to get creative!
I’m tore up , thank God I’m off tomorrow ...ha ha