Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Keto Update

Six years ago I went on a very strict calorie counting diet! No excercise just watching very closely what I was eating and I lost 15lbs.

Did real good for about a year after I reached my goal weight and then got sloppy and let myself get back to where I was before plus 10lbs.

For a while I was content and then one day I went to put an old pair of pants on and couldn't even get close to connecting the buttons.

So I swore I was gonna get back down to 140lbs. but I was stuggling with calorie counting again and just wanted to try something different!

Middle of January I started drinking Keto drinks except I did half the dose recommended per day and I started paying attention to carbs......with a cheater night on Sunday nights.

My motivation really was that I was spending way too much money on the Koolaide to let it fail so I also started playing basketball again for some exercise.

What a difference it has made.......30 lbs gone....

I only tell the story because sometimes the motivation is different for each of us at different times in our lives, I used to do Insanity workout but that is way too rigid for my bones!!!

Now to do a better job of maintaining........I have quit drinking the Koolaide and just slow and steady keeping an eye on the needle!

• Like 3

Six years ago I went on a very strict calorie counting diet! No excercise just watching very closely what I was eating and I lost 15lbs.

Did real good for about a year after I reached my goal weight and then got sloppy and let myself get back to where I was before plus 10lbs.

For a while I was content and then one day I went to put an old pair of pants on and couldn't even get close to connecting the buttons.

So I swore I was gonna get back down to 140lbs. but I was stuggling with calorie counting again and just wanted to try something different!

Middle of January I started drinking Keto drinks except I did half the dose recommended per day and I started paying attention to carbs......with a cheater night on Sunday nights.

My motivation really was that I was spending way too much money on the Koolaide to let it fail so I also started playing basketball again for some exercise.

What a difference it has made.......30 lbs gone....

I only tell the story because sometimes the motivation is different for each of us at different times in our lives, I used to do Insanity workout but that is way too rigid for my bones!!!

Now to do a better job of maintaining........I have quit drinking the Koolaide and just slow and steady keeping an eye on the needle!

Good job and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Funny thing in my research.....fried pork skins.....which I quit eating during my calorie counting days.......was perfect snack fit for the Keto program......I ate tons of pork skins.......whooo hoooo..........

thats becuase you compensated by not eating carbs, therefor keeping yourself in caloric deficit.

• Like 1

Diet(calorie consumption),exercise of some sort and chuck the sh!t food. Stay focused and it will work.

Chicken,fish, and game meat.

lots of green vegetables

sugar from fruits

minimal starchy foods--potatoes,pasta,breads

cheat meal for sure once a week

one coke a week sometimes.

no beer cuz its stupid and I want to stay married.

work out mon,wed,fri.

Might sound like the end of the world to some, but it has worked well for me.

Your feet,knees,and back will thank you.

• Like 3

Down 25lb myself just on the elliptical and ditched th soda, 30lb to go. Need some protein

• Like 3

Diet(calorie consumption),exercise of some sort and chuck the sh!t food. Stay focused and it will work.

Chicken,fish, and game meat.

lots of green vegetables

sugar from fruits

minimal starchy foods--potatoes,pasta,breads

cheat meal for sure once a week

one coke a week sometimes.

no beer cuz its stupid and I want to stay married.

work out mon,wed,fri.

Might sound like the end of the world to some, but it has worked well for me.

Your feet,knees,and back will thank you.

drink coke zero

• Like 1

F that. My suegro brings up real coke from Mexico when he comes to visit. If Im gonna splurge its gonna be worth it.