SirRoyal

The Trail Cam Celebration

And I will keep it on topic also, buy saying that I'm glad the trail camera ban was defeated. I spent some time in Commissioner Sparks office, and when I recognized that he was leaning a certain direction on the issue, I engaged him on that. We then focused our attention to Mr. Sparks, confident he would do the right thing. I am pleased that he did.

If they get tags they will eventually be abused unless the Governor or legislature controls the process. I am all for the Heritage stamp idea. It would raise far more money for education and would be a permanent funding source for G&F. $5 is not too much to ask.

If they get tags they will eventually be abused unless the Governor or legislature controls the process. I am all for the Heritage stamp idea. It would raise far more money for education and would be a permanent funding source for G&F. $5 is not too much to ask.

If who gets tags? The whole thing would be managed in the same manner as the Big Game Super Raffle, with control by the Department, Commission, and sportsmen representation. The only people getting tags would be Game and Fish. It would be mandated by legislation.

With all the posts here and the much longer CAPAZ thread, its clear very few are undecided. All for or all against. With commissioner Davis removing any fee increase I think some middle ground should be considered. Would the pro raffle tag group debate items like limited CAPAZ participation on the committee, other ways to raise $ to keep the # of raffle tags low, cap on resident and nonresident entries, no Utah expo events, quality of raffle tags, creating a survey on the portal accounts, guarantee no auction tags in the future and orther points of interest to both sides? Just trying to be real.

With all the posts here and the much longer CAPAZ thread, its clear very few are undecided. All for or all against. With commissioner Davis removing any fee increase I think some middle ground should be considered. Would the pro raffle tag group debate items like limited CAPAZ participation on the committee, other ways to raise $ to keep the # of raffle tags low, cap on resident and nonresident entries, no Utah expo events, quality of raffle tags, creating a survey on the portal accounts, guarantee no auction tags in the future and orther points of interest to both sides? Just trying to be real.

from my understanding, those items are to be scrutinized by the committee. The committee isn't to decide on raffle tags alone, but to come up with viable funding solutions. Of course, we are all free to debate amongst ourselves as we see fit, but it is the committee that should ultimately hear from you. I personally would not take anything off the table, including things like heritage stamps, until it is proven to be unable to move forward.

Red- they are not going to give more tags to the various groups to raffle and auction? Just G&F will produce additional tags for the Big Game Super Raffle. Good to know.

Red- they are not going to give more tags to the various groups to raffle and auction? Just G&F will produce additional tags for the Big Game Super Raffle. Good to know.

IF raffle tags are used, and that's still an IF, a new program similar to the Big Game Super Raffle would be created. The current Big Game Super Raffle is mandated by legislation to disperse its funds to HPC. This one would be similar except funds would be Game and Fish. No outside organization would get any money.

Would it follow the Utah model where you win the tag and still have to pay the tags regular price? If not how will the game and fish make up the funds they will be loosing at selling tags for raffle price and not the actual tag price? If you can buy multiple chances can you draw multiple tags? How will multiple tags be separated?

Would it follow the Utah model where you win the tag and still have to pay the tags regular price? If not how will the game and fish make up the funds they will be loosing at selling tags for raffle price and not the actual tag price? If you can buy multiple chances can you draw multiple tags? How will multiple tags be separated?

Those are all good questions, and ones you should submit to the committee. They don't even have a dedicated funding source yet, so now is your chance for input.

First of all from your previous post I should clarify that I never proposed a license increase although others that I have spoken with have.

IF raffle tags are used, and that's still an IF, a new program similar to the Big Game Super Raffle would be created. The current Big Game Super Raffle is mandated by legislation to disperse its funds to HPC. This one would be similar except funds would be Game and Fish. No outside organization would get any money.

In regard to this isnt it just a tad presumptuous to assume that if tags are going to be used they will be used in the manner that CAPAZ is proposing isnt that plan still subject to discussion and debate?

To reiterate, and I know I'm repeating myself, but the discussion of Conserve and Protect Arizonas 501c4 status is irrelevant to the financial particulars of any funding methods, because they will not get the tags or the funding. To accuse them of trying to gain from this financially is akin to me accusing Flatlander of trying to gain financially from his license fee increase proposal.

And the 501C4 status of CAPAZ may not be relevant to the funding source for education it is however significant in that it prevents any of us from knowing who may be donating money to this organization which is relevant to the discussion at hand and who might be pushing for the tag issue .

• Like 1

Of course it's open for discussion and debate, I just don't have any intimate knowledge on how any raffle tag would be proposed, other than what we all already know. I thought you and Fred emailed the Commission with your license fee proposal?

I doubt the first question would be an actual result here.

A "raffle" entails selling many chances for a SINGLE tag. Thus the answer to second question. Hypothetically, if raffle chances are $5 each and they sell 1000 for one tag, the revenue is $5,000, which would be more than enough to cover the regular cost of that tag. Your other questions would be determined if this would come to pass.

Of course it's open for discussion and debate, I just don't have any intimate knowledge on how any raffle tag would be proposed, other than what we all already know. I thought you and Fred emailed the Commission with your license fee proposal?

I think Bruce may have sent something to them. I did not, sorry to disappoint you.