SirRoyal

The Trail Cam Celebration

But not all have an opportunity to participate. If you don't have the 300 dollars for a sheep tag, you don't participate. However, we aren't going to lower the cost of a sheep tag. So an economic disparity already exists. But if someone has 10 or 20 dollars to enter a raffle for a sheep tag, they now have a chance. Provided some type of reasonable restrictions exist that prevent any one person from overpowering the raffle financially. Raffles would create more of a level playing field for those not economically viable.

If you cant set aside $300 a year I would advise you not to waste your money on a raffle ticket. This argument isnt very strong.
If you can't set aside 300k for an auction tag, I advise you not to waste your money on a stamp.

:wacko:

The argument could be made that offering tags for $5 per chance instead of $13 is more supportive of the North American Model.

You could argue that, but you would be lying to yourself.

If 300 tags are given to the raffle and tickets are sold for $10 and a 10 ticket per person limit were imposed then that would mean if someone were to max out on all of the rafffles it would cost him $30k. For his investment he would have 3000x more chance of drawing a tag than someone who bought a single ticket. That is the definition of disparity.

Even for a single hunt anyone can purchase 10x more opportunity than another for $90 more investment.

This is exactly my concern with these systems. They are built to exploit economic disparity among sportsmen. So will anyone please for crying out loud tell me why it HAS to be tags. Why is that the only option a certain group of people will advocate for?

I would actually prefer a stamp over raffle tags but selfishly if Im paying $5 or $10 Id rather get a chance at a tag than getting a stamp of no value.

Do you disagree with bonus points or preference points? They have similar idea as you just illustrated, creating disparity....And i suppose violating the North American model with your argument of having more chances than others with less points

I do not disagree with bonus points because All people have equal opportunity for them. I would be opposed to bonus points if you could simply buy them.

• Like 2

Red- they are not going to give more tags to the various groups to raffle and auction? Just G&F will produce additional tags for the Big Game Super Raffle. Good to know.

IF raffle tags are used, and that's still an IF, a new program similar to the Big Game Super Raffle would be created. The current Big Game Super Raffle is mandated by legislation to disperse its funds to HPC. This one would be similar except funds would be Game and Fish. No outside organization would get any money.

Who get's the HPC money? I am pretty sure its the critter groups and they guys that run the critter are the same people on CPAZ.

Hey Dustin will you please just answer the question, why are the CAPAZ guys so committed to tags? Why?

What other options are you in here advocating for? Why is the discussion always tags?

Why do you oppose a stamp? License fee increase? Additional portal benefits?

• Like 1

Hey Dustin will you please just answer the question, why are the CAPAZ guys so committed to tags? Why?

What other options are you in here advocating for? Why is the discussion always tags?

I can give you my opinion, but I can't speak directly for them. I believe they view tags as the best way to fund this based off of conversations with the Department, and the Department's opposition to using a license fee.

If you go back through all my posts, you will see that I have essentially advocated for any funding methods that will move the plan forward, and I also believe that a stamp or license fee increase should be considered, as should ALL other alternative sources, unless they can prove not to be viable.

My main concern about things like additional portal benefits and similar things is that the Department plans upon expanding the portal as it is and making their own money from it. Which is also a concern I have about license fee increases, without legislation the Department could do as they wish with the money.

I will say that I submitted a proposal that doesn't include tags, license fee increases, or stamps, and essentially was to create a type of general lottery. However, I learned more about the laws that govern these things, and it doesn't appear as though that would be feasible.

My main concern about things like additional portal benefits and similar things is that the Department plans upon expanding the portal as it is and making their own money from it. Which is also a concern I have about license fee increases, without legislation the Department could do as they wish with the money.

Regardless of what the funding method is, legislation will

be required to designate the use of these funds. Even a raffle would be subject to the same concern you just mentioned. So that argument is equal across all funding types. Legislation will be required to designate the dollars.

You are correct. Legislation would be required, and would be our only recourse as sportsmen against misuse of the funds. If one single penny that is earmarked for the education plan walks away from it, there will be heck to pay.

I actively network everyday with hunters and sportsmen. I take their ideas and concerns, just as we all have ideas and concerns, and I am trying to find solutions to both implement those ideas, and address their concerns. I have a general concern myself about the impact of tag allocation from trophy units and for trophy animals. Those that want to work with me to address this issue, I do. But many only want it one way, as you say about CAPAZ. None of us are going to get exactly what we want, unless we get a fully funded outreach plan, then I will be getting exactly what I want.

Articulate this I can give you my opinion, but, If you go back through all my posts, you will see that I ( I would rather get my I poked out) , I will say that I, I actively, I take, I am, (partial list " I " got tired of copying and pasting) and finally, then I will be getting exactly what I want.

Articulate this I can give you my opinion, but, [/size]If you go back through all my posts, you will see that I ( I would rather get my I poked out) , [/size]I will say that I, [/size]I actively, [/size] I take, [/size] I am, (partial list " I " got tired of copying and pasting) and finally, [/size] then I will be getting exactly what I want. [/size]

You sound bitter. Maybe you'll grow up and get over whatever has your little feelings hurt.

You are nefariously right. I grew up and will not ever help you get your measly little post count up. :lol:

You are nefariously right. I grew up and will not ever help you get your measly little post count up. :lol:

I'm not worried about my post count. I'm glad you're worrying about it for me. Flatlander asked me a question, I answered it the best I could. Seems like you are only interested in side tracking the conversation, and not contributing, and that is why these kinds of conversations never progress.