yotebuster

Mountain Goat!!!

That's awesome! I had a little bit of luck and drew a Moose tag in 111. What unit are you headed to?

Congrats! I drew 3 16. Its down along Yellowstone. Some pretty rough stuff! I wish I knew something about moose up that way but I dont. I hate to say it but I drew mt moose last year too but the unit I drew was kind of a dud. I had 401. Killed a 32 bull and the biologist said it was as big as hes ever heard of in there. I gusss theres only 15 moose in there. The 100 units have way more moose in them and you should have a good hunt!

Error on the side of way too much gun...they are tough critters. I shot mine with the guides 375 in the shoulder( I wanted to use my bow) and it still went about 100 yards.

In Ak they recommended 30 cal or bigger.

Error on the side of way too much gun...they are tough critters. I shot mine with the guides 375 in the shoulder( I wanted to use my bow) and it still went about 100 yards.

wow

wow

If I recall correctly, a buddy of mine put 2 or 3 in his with a (I believe) 300 win mag.

• Like 1

Just a little update. I called proof research a couple days ago to see if they happened to have any rifles that were pre built and ready to go. He said hed look around. Got a call back yesterday and they have a demo 28 nosler with Stiller action and 26 barrel plus brake (exactly what I would have ordered anyhow!) for a screaming good deal. Weighs 6pounds 4 ounces. Should be a mean machine for goats and hopefully in the future a sheep hunt or two. Just ordered dies and some 26 Nosler Brass (per Caseys suggestion on another thread). Im gonna top it with a Marching 2.5-25 that I ordered for a different rifle thats still at the smith. Should make for about as light a rifle as a guy can get and still be able to stretch it to 1000 yards if needed. Anyone know where I can get some 195 Bergers?

• Like 2

If you can swing it order a 1000 and you should be good for the barrel or close at least.

I wanna make sure they shoot good first. Ordered 200 in case they shoot great and then I cant find them again. Figured I could sell them if the rifle doesnt like them. Picked up some 180 VLDs, 175 LR accubonds, and 168 LRTTSX. Also found 7 boxes of loaded ammo at a little gun shop nearby. $60 for 20. They are loaded with 168gr nosler target bullets but I think Ill either shoot them all or pull them just for the brass. Cant find any 28 nosler anywhere so I figured this is as good as I can get and cheaper then buying brass.

If you can swing it order a 1000 and you should be good for the barrel or close at least.

I wanna make sure they shoot good first. Ordered 200 in case they shoot great and then I cant find them again. Figured I could sell them if the rifle doesnt like them. Picked up some 180 VLDs, 175 LR accubonds, and 168 LRTTSX. Also found 7 boxes of loaded ammo at a little gun shop nearby. $60 for 20. They are loaded with 168gr nosler target bullets but I think Ill either shoot them all or pull them just for the brass. Cant find any 28 nosler anywhere so I figured this is as good as I can get and cheaper then buying brass.

Fyi, the 175 LRABs are garbage.

I have 2 guns you can borrow. 375 RUM That weighs 13.2lbs with a 4.5-14 or a 6.5x47 lapua with a 6-18 that weighs 5.4lbs. Congrats on the draw!

Wow congrats. There better be a write up even if you don't get anything

• Like 1