Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Polaris ranger hours vs miles

I'm hoping to scrape up enough for one (used) later this month.

I see a lot of ads - what is a "low miles" vehicle? How many hours/miles are too many for a Ranger?

I've seen anything from '05 to 09' in the 4-5k price range. Some have 250 hours some have 11,200 miles. (Probably would steer away from that one)

I have a 2012 Ranger Crew Limited 800. I have about 150 hours and 2100 miles on it and I dont use it very much if that helps. I have owned since 2015 and the guy I bought it from didnt use it much either. My guess is its low miles and hours.

I have owned a few.....Mine all had low miles....5000\7000 ....But lots of hrs....I beat the snot out of them hunting....Look under the rig and at the control arms if they look beat up....Run away....Try and find one that was used on the pavement or used to run nice smooth trails....Lots of hrs and miles aren’t bad if it was maintained properly...ask for service records....

• Like 1

I have owned a few.....Mine all had low miles....5000\7000 ....But lots of hrs....I beat the snot out of them hunting....Look under the rig and at the control arms if they look beat up....Run away....Try and find one that was used on the pavement or used to run nice smooth trails....Lots of hrs and miles aren’t bad if it was maintained properly...ask for service records....

I will, thanks.

I'm fairly mechanically inclined, and could do a lot of parts replacement myself. I think I could do just about everything except engine replacement. Youtube is a beautiful thing.

I see a lot of 250-300 hours for the Ranger 500. I might be looking at something like that.

My rhino has 1560 hours. For some reason the mileage seems to restart on its own. I'm guessing i have about 18'000 miles. The average calculates to about 11mph average speed. My ride is still working fine.

The ranger 500 is woefully underpowered....Any ranger older then 09 has a terrible drivetrain wine that you will HATE....

every body’s difernant... my 06 goes every where. Never noticed a whine

My past 2008 Ranger was "only" a 700 and I never felt like I needed more power. Once we had three adults, two kids, all the hunting gear and a rag horn elk with zero problems. That was not a crew either.

• Like 1

My 05 Ranger 500 has been great and very dependable. Never felt like it was under powered.

I've had 1500lbs in my buddy's 500. Lots of power, decent top end and no whining.

Before you buy used, nothing against it, go to the dealer. A few years ago I found a new 2 year old still sitting on the lot. The clearance price was the same as most used ATV's and I could use their financing so I only had to pay $70/month. The problem was I had to get clearance from the wife and she said I needed one to carry my daughters so I got my CJ-5 back from my sister.

Before my 2006 ranger was stolen I had 4 people in it and 2 cow elk in 1 1/2 feet of snow ,locked into all 4 wheel drive and it was great lots of power ,my 2011 /800 ranger I put over 10,000 miles on it and it started to loose power and cause of the location of the engine it was very hot in the cab and the seat was always melting.I have a new 2018/ 1000 and it is the best one I have owned so far lots of power and lots of room in the cab also it has a heater and wipers so it is great during rain and snow.If you have any questions pm me your phone number.

Before my 2006 ranger was stolen I had 4 people in it and 2 cow elk in 1 1/2 feet of snow ,locked into all 4 wheel drive and it was great lots of power ,my 2011 /800 ranger I put over 10,000 miles on it and it started to loose power and cause of the location of the engine it was very hot in the cab and the seat was always melting.I have a new 2018/ 1000 and it is the best one I have owned so far lots of power and lots of room in the cab also it has a heater and wipers so it is great during rain and snow.If you have any questions pm me your phone number.