Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Insurance claim ???

Quick and dirty if you filed a theft claim on your homeowners did your rates go up ???

Dirtbag smashed into my truck while we were at dinner and snagged my hunting gear and gun and worst of all my gym bag!!!! This was not at our home but car insurance doesn't cover so it's homeowners

So what's the verdict? Rates go up?

Depends on how many claims you have had. In the last 3 years my wife has been at fault in two crashes, rather minor, but $5000 for both cars. I was the meat in the sandwich in the same time period and our auto rates didn't go up. The other time she lost a piece of jewelry from her sister, enough we had to have a separate rider on it, and our homeowner rates didn't go up. It is there use it and if the rates go up switch insurance companies. We have been with State Farm for 30 years and have 5 cars, homeowners, my hospitalization, and the wife's business with them so we do have some leverage.

Thanks for that info, I did just get off the phone with my claims rep and she was nice enough to answer my question honestly, she pulls up my name in a computer program and it says my rates will increase by 20 to 35 dollars a month if I file a claim in this instance regardless of the cost of the claim.

I hate insurance, just hate the heck out of it in most aspects.

We have had zero claims on any insurance in the last 13 years other than glass replacement which was minimal and the only bad thing is we did switch insurance companies a few times but we saved a lot of money doing that.

So we have paid in for years and years and now we could use some help and they will happily pay but then we will slowly make higher payments back to them and of course still never come close to matching what we have paid in.

I guess if my house burned down I wouldn't complain about it but most of the time it's a bummer.

• Like 2

So sorry buddy. Wish you had caught them.

I stopped at a busy Circle K once when I was a contractor. Asked my partner to stay in the truck since I wouldn't be able to see it from inside the store. He agreed and while I was waiting at the check out line a few minutes later, in he comes for f ing cigarettes.

When I got out to the truck it was cleaned out. Welders, chop saw, torch you name it. Thieves should die.

I had the same problem when my wifes Jeep go stolen, had my sawaro 15x. Zeiss 10x and a range finder and some other cheep stuff, ha ha, my home owners covered it, don't think it went up, but if they already know then make the claim because it's already filed as a theft, add a couple things to cover deduct, lol. Sorry to here

Yes, rates will go up. What is your home deductible? $1000k? When it's all said & done unfortunately it may not even be worth it. :(

I have never had an insurance claim up until last fall when i rolled my new truck off a mountain when i was deer hunting. Needless to say, it was a total loss. My vehicle insurance almost doubled. No tickets on my record, and wasn’t cited for the accident.

Thanks for that info, I did just get off the phone with my claims rep and she was nice enough to answer my question honestly, she pulls up my name in a computer program and it says my rates will increase by 20 to 35 dollars a month if I file a claim in this instance regardless of the cost of the claim.

I hate insurance, just hate the heck out of it in most aspects.

We have had zero claims on any insurance in the last 13 years other than glass replacement which was minimal and the only bad thing is we did switch insurance companies a few times but we saved a lot of money doing that.

So we have paid in for years and years and now we could use some help and they will happily pay but then we will slowly make higher payments back to them and of course still never come close to matching what we have paid in.

I guess if my house burned down I wouldn't complain about it but most of the time it's a bummer.

You did remember you had my decked out competition AR-15 and Custom Springfield in there also? Add about $3000 in losses and that will come out in about 10 years where your premium increase will break even for them. :ph34r: :o :ph34r:

Just kidding of course.

• Like 1

My insurance didn’t go up but it will be on you record for 5 years if you decide to change insurance companies for some reason down the road.

Thats effed up. The smash and grab guy won't have a record unless he is convicted.

Depends on value of your gear and the deductible amount. Another thing to keep in mind, if you file a claim and get reimbursed for your loss and the police locate your stuff (especially gun with SN#) then the insurance co now owns your gear.

Nice , haha didnt I have your Kowa big eyes and swaro binos in my gym bag as well ?? You know for spotting my next set of weights

• Like 1