naturebob

White Mtns. Fishing?

We just got back yesterday again from the white mountains and did awesome. Caught over 50 rainbows, mostly all stockers but kids loved it. At one time we had 4 kids hooked up on fish at the same time. You know you are catching a ton when you have 3 stringers full some doubled up and then have to throw some back because you don’t have any more room.

AC5FC224-1B98-4ACF-8A6E-837FFC96A58A.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Vowell said:

We just got back yesterday again from the white mountains and did awesome. Caught over 50 rainbows, mostly all stockers but kids loved it. At one time we had 4 kids hooked up on fish at the same time. You know you are catching a ton when you have 3 stringers full some doubled up and then have to throw some back because you don’t have any more room.

Are all those kids yours?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vowell said:

That's freaking awesome.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Are all those kids yours?

Haha my first thought as well!

Congrats on the catching, should last a couple meals if you're lucky with all those hungry mouths.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomharveyb said:

What lake is that?

I could be wrong it certainly wouldn't be the first time but it looks like Nelson Reservoir to me.

• Like 1

Nelson’s it was, number 1,3,4,6 from left to right are my kids. A buddy caught wind of us going there so he tagged along with his 3 kids. Of course we had to take turns in the boat, catching 15 then running back to shore to trade out. Definitely all about getting the kids excited.

Folks fishing from the shore did not do as well as we did but they still managed to pull a couple in but not like we did. And it was a chore cleaning them all up but I’m glad they like to eat fish.

• Like 2

We fished Nelson when I was a kid, back when we were moving houses from holly lake to springerville because the Indians did want to reup the leases, so people moved them or burnt them down,. Average fish back in the 80's was about 14"

• Like 3

I remember going to Hawley Lake as a kid.  Such a beautiful place.  Visiting the White Mountains in those days ignited a fire for trout fishing that I don't think will ever go out.  Hopefully some of those youngsters will catch the fever.

• Like 1