What is your favorite pic from the past year that evokes the spirit of the hunt and joy of hunting (aside from a kill photo)? Post em up.

Doug~RR

Hiking over hill and through dell with a constant companion, in hopes that the quarry will be in the next vista.

hikigsonoitacereek.jpg

Enjoying the final curtain call of yet another hunting day cast in God's splendor.

Squawgulchsunset.jpg

(Photos taken by Casey on the Dec 34A hunt)

Stan,

Yes. It is the MR NICE frame with load shelf and 5000 bag. The gun sling is the Kifaru Gun Bearer, which works great to get the weight off the shoulder and keep the hands free.

Doug~RR

The morning of opening day of couse deer hunt.... That is where everything begins!

IMG_1806.jpg

We spend couple of hours glassing and this is what happens when elkhunter gets too close and personal to his swaro. :D

IMG_1819.jpg

I know you didnt want kill shots, but this is myself with a good buddy with a deer that we worked hard to get. Gabes second coues and his best one so far!

octoberhunt019.jpg

This is about the best sunset picture I have from Mexico.

MexicoCouesJan-124.jpg

I do not remember who posted this photo but i liked it alot. I think the glassing photos are the best because that is what hunting COUES deer is all about. Setting high on a ridge glassing the high desert and low desert lands around you. I will post the photo i am talking about and hope to not step on any toes doing it.

post-171-1200974830_thumb.jpg

Nothing like a nap after a few days of glassing the hills of Arivaca! My good friend Javier found a nice shady spot on the trailer last october... :P

2007Arivaca042.jpg

I went through all my photos and tried to stay away from kill photos but I can't help it...........for me, NONE of my photos evokes the spirit of the hunt or joy of hunting more than these two photos! It was amazing to share in the experience as these two boys took their first bucks, and for me it's what hunting is all about. The size of the bucks didn't matter, it was all about experiencing the hunt in every aspect and ultimately ended up in success for both ;) JIM>

Tylersfirstbuck.jpg

Tannersfirstbuck.jpg

I guess for my 2007 season this is the photo that started an obsession with one particular Coues buck, after I loaded the card in my camera and sitting out in the middle of nowhere veiwing this photo and feeling such excitement and anticipation of my upcoming hunt. From that moment on all of my thoughts, energy, and gobs of gas money went into learning this buck.

MDGC0063.jpg

I do not remember who posted this photo but i liked it alot. I think the glassing photos are the best because that is what hunting COUES deer is all about. Setting high on a ridge glassing the high desert and low desert lands around you. I will post the photo i am talking about and hope to not step on any toes doing it.

Ha! This is the one I was going to post also, for the same reasons. It was taken this past December while I was down on Bassers' Coues hunt helping him out for a day. I'll repost it as I don't have any others quite as good.

P1020723.jpg

Here are three of mine from my dall sheep hunt this past Aug.

Glassing for rams.

JasonNWT2007002.jpg

Crossing the freezing cold river

JasonNWT2007008.jpg

Finally packing ouy my ram

JasonNWT2007034.jpg

Heres one of my pup "Ginger". To me she embodies the true sprit of the hunt. Around the house she is a lazy little sissy but when the shotguns come out she a completly different dog. The fact that she's a "mut" is an example how the "common man" has no disadvantage to the rich man with all his fancy equipment when it comes to hunting. Its all about your heart and drive.

I Love this dog.

post-1770-1201041226.jpg