Sign in to follow this  
Rag Horn

Fall away rest help

I started seeing wear marks on my rest and on my arrow fletchings. So I put a light coat of Prussion Blue on my arrow rest and sure enough my fletchings were getting blue on them. I came to the conclusion that the fletching was rubbing on the rest as it passed over it. I believe that the fletching should not contact that fallaway rest. I have tried adjusting the “football clamp” but I don’t seem to be making any headway. Does anyone have any information they can pass along for me to troubleshoot my problem? I am shooting with the odd color fletching up so as to avoid that fletching hitting the bottom. BF71E927-A1EA-46B0-AC6D-1F4DEC91DA51.thumb.jpeg.d9d936317b01d212940cd6cf6b8df786.jpeg179A8549-22A4-42CB-98E7-5FEEA74CC3A7.thumb.jpeg.42363bf5733754e0f8eeb7d81e1da9ee.jpegThanks. 

Mine used to do the same thing. I started shooting cock vane at eleven o'clock and it fixed the problem

Are you shooting the cock came up?  From the pictures I would think you would have marks on the right vane.  

1 hour ago, bigj23 said:

Are you shooting the cock came up?  From the pictures I would think you would have marks on the right vane.  

So I have moved that guy all around trying to find a spot where it didn’t hit. Those specific marks probably came from when cock vein was at a 9 o’clock ish position. 

3 hours ago, WHALE said:

Mine used to do the same thing. I started shooting cock vane at eleven o'clock and it fixed the problem

Hey thanks I will try that! 

I’ve also seen slo-mo videos where the rest will bounce back up and hit the arrow or vane as well.  Especially on cheaper rests. Not sure what u have there. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Is this affecting arrow flight?

It's hard to say for sure because I am not the greatest shot. I just assumed it had to be affecting arrow flight. 

44 minutes ago, el diablo said:

I’ve also seen slo-mo videos where the rest will bounce back up and hit the arrow or vane as well.  Especially on cheaper rests. Not sure what u have there. 

It's a rip cord code red. They are on the cheaper end of the fall away rest spectrum. Wonder if my iPhone slow mo would be good enough to catch that. I'll have to try. 

On 8/22/2018 at 4:59 AM, Rag Horn said:

Hey thanks I will try that! 

I looked at 11 o'clock orientation last night and anything off top dead center and my fletching will hit the cable. 

Take 2 field tips and 2 broadheads. Shoot the broad heads at 40y then the field tips . See if they group togeather 

a field tip can resist a little fletching contact but a broad head Likey won’t recover well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Take 2 field tips and 2 broadheads. Shoot the broad heads at 40y then the field tips . See if they group togeather 

a field tip can resist a little fletching contact but a broad head Likey won’t recover well. 

Ok good info. Thanks. 

If you only hunt with it, not now but switch to a whisker biscuit and not have any worries. locked in arrow that wont move or make noise. I hated my ripcord rest....on that note i shortened my prongs to eliminate fletching contact.

• Like 1

I decided to go drop away this year. My bowshop guy convinced me to do a ripcord even though I had researched something else I wanted that he didn't have on hand. I don't like it at all but its a little too late for changes this year. Mine was hitting the fletchings a little. He just move the nock point up a little and that seemed to fix it.

• Like 1