Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

New Mexico Antelope

Long story short it was frustrating and had a couple opportunities at some high 70" bucks but it didn't happen.  With just a day and half only to hunt this hunt because of last min work issues I settle for this guy.  Overall he is a decent buck and a fun hunt!  I just got done telling Lance about my frustration that morning and he was a couple hours out from getting there.  20 minutes later that happens.  Funny how fast the hunt can change on you!  I pack up quarter him out and met Lance and showed him were some of the big boys were at.  Last text he sent me was he had a big stalk on a big guy but it didn't happen.  Im sure in the next day he will be sending in his buck.

IMG_0259.jpg

• Like 3

Better than any Antelope I have ever shot. Wait, I have never had a tag. Just 4BP's in Wyoming and 10 in AZ. Maybe one day.

• Like 1

i think pronghorn are one of the top two most beautiful North American game animals.  It looks like nice country you were in.  Congrats on a nice antelope and memories.

• Like 2

Way to go, Zeke!!!!!    Very awesome!!

Same ranch as last year?   I'm heading-up there tomorrow to hunt with my middle son (he's flying into Albuquerque  from school in Omaha....).   Picking-up my older son's buck from Southwest Wildlife today Taxidermy today. ;) )

S.

• Like 1