Sign in to follow this  
300RUM

Seeing The Pins

My close in vision is deteriorating but my distance vision is fine. I wear reading glasses to see things clearly that are within Arm's Reach. That would now include the sight pins on my bow. The best solution I have come up with is to wear a pair of low magnification reading glasses that help me see the pins but don't blur the target so much. If anybody has any other suggestions I would sure like to hear them.

• Like 1

I have to us my left eye shooting right handed, how about a magnifier 

Don’t overthink it.  Just get the pin in the general area and let her rip!

i used to see the pin fine but the target was blurry.  Shooting with glasses was a pain, contacts were hard to deal with when camping with dirty hands.... So I had lasik.  Now I can see the target but the pin is blurry.  10 years later, I can’t see either.  Screw it, I’m buying a gun!

• Like 1

I am going through this now. Sounds like a verifier will work for you, which is a "reading glass" in the peep. A clarifier is similar but is used with a magnified site. If you see distance ok then you just need a little correction to see the pins better. I just had one installed at Timber Mesa. I think I chose too much magnification and need to go back and try another. Here is a video describing it.

• Like 2

I just had a new bow sight put on that has a built in light. Much better even in daylight and very good in a blind or deep woods.

I have to shoot with contacts past 60. But if you wanted you could hunt with a verifier ? I switched to Montana black gold sights and there awesome The pins are really crisp and it has a auto darkening plastic that helps a lot as well. Ive been debating running like a 3X lens and a clarifier on my hunting bow next year.

• Like 1