GregRashall

Unit 10 Youth deer hunt

I dont remember the road number but if you take the road under the bridge past the golf course and explore back in there when i hunted elk there a couple years ago I was all over that unit and that was the only place i saw any deer. 

My boy got his first big game tag for the jr cow hunt wotch opens same as the jr deer i beleive oct 5. I will be hitting it pretty good    shortly and on jr hunts big bo ranch permit is $1  but pm me if intetested in trading info ill let you know what and where i see deer and sign

I Hate to say it but as an old guy and OBSERVER, they need to do away with some archery hunts and lower tag numbers .......BOB!

• Like 3

I agree with lower tag numbers. I hate to give up the over the counter archery, because it gives you something to do when you don't get drawn.  Maybe cut back on the rifle tags some? Who knows just a thought.

I just wanted to follow up to tell you guys my son did fill his tag in the Aubrey Cliff area.  It was tough finding the deer; they're scattered in little pockets that you have to find, and the area is tremendously huge.  I wanted to thank all of you who sent me advice.  It helped quite a bit.

Greg

• Like 1

From 5 years ago? Were you incarcerated? Must have been weighing on your mind. Congratulations on the harvest it must have tasted good?

• Haha 2

The same hunt.  Someone I know out of state had their kid drawn for a youth hunt.  My son filled his tag on the bluffs, but there were only a few small bucks there, and he got a spike in velvet.  We were ok with that for his first deer.  But I remember all the days I spent scouting around the unit, although I did not come close to even 1/3 of it.  I think anyone coming in cold from out of state has virtually no chance to fill a tag in 5 days.  Because it's a kid, I want to help.  I know a little about a few spots that had deer back then, but I want to update and increase my knowledge.  If the kid fills the tag, that's all the reward I need.  Any tips on where to look would be greatly appreciated, and I will gladly share what I know.  Thanks!