gaps

Best Case Trimmer for 300 RUM???

I just bought a RCBS Trim Pro 2 but I'm looking for something that is quicker. I have 200 pieces of brass that need to be trimmed and I really like the Trim-It II case trimmer but I can't find it with the 300RUM die. I've also looked at the World's Finest Trimmer and they have the 300RUM version but the length just isn't adjustable like the Trim-It II. What are you using or what do you recommend?

4 hours ago, gaps said:

I just bought a RCBS Trim Pro 2 but I'm looking for something that is quicker. I have 200 pieces of brass that need to be trimmed and I really like the Trim-It II case trimmer but I can't find it with the 300RUM die. I've also looked at the World's Finest Trimmer and they have the 300RUM version but the length just isn't adjustable like the Trim-It II. What are you using or what do you recommend?

I took the handle off and hooked a drill up to my RCBS Trim Pro 2. I can crank through a lot of brass in no time. This isn't my picture (I got in online) but same idea.

2012-09-29_10-13-28_981.jpg

• Like 1

Wilson/Sinclair all the way. Nothing cuts as square or as repeatable and it is readily converted to a neck reamer. They sell a power adapter that replaces the hand crank so you can use it  with a power screw driver. May not be the fastest but is definitely the most accurate and most versatile.

Dan 

• Like 1

World's Finest Trimer. It is made to work with a cordless drill. Fast and consistent. I have also done the same the same thing rossislider suggested. Works pretty good. Just be sure to keep the shaft lubed. It's getting spun much faster than it would by hand.

• Like 2

Probably not the best, but i use the lee and shoot some nice groups. It is pretty fast. Not in 300 rum though.

Screenshot_2018-08-28-16-59-23.png

• Like 2

Thanks for the info!  I think I'm going to give the Worlds Finest Trimmer a go.  Looks like the style I'm looking for.

I put my WFT in a drill press and its amazingly quick.

Where did you read that they are not adjustable? Mine are set up for a particular parent case type, say 243 thru 308 or 25-06 thru 30-06 for example, as they index off of the shoulder, but are adjustable for trim length.

• Like 1

Can't believe no one mentioned the griuad trimmer.  It's by far the best trimmer I've ever used, and i've used quite a few of them.

www.giraudtool.com