Adicted

This new forum layout

When you look up previous posts by members is there a way that gives all of the past posts by the member? When I use the search I just get some past posts, but not that many at all. Thanks

9 hours ago, brian390 said:

When you look up previous posts by members is there a way that gives all of the past posts by the member? When I use search I just get some past posts, but not that many at all. Thanks

Click on the magnifying glass in the Search bar and it will take you to various options for searching by author, time, content, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, trophyseeker said:

Click on the magnifying glass in the Search bar and it will take you to various options for searching by author, time, content, etc. 

Thanks

Never mind, now it shows up in the elk hunting section instead of the campfire section started by sir royal on June 8th. So I guess that it is in the elk hunting section now instead of the campfire.

I would not consider myself tech savy, but im not incompetent either. I find it very difficult to use the site now. I have not looked much since the switch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brent said:

I would not consider myself tech savy, but im not incompetent either. I find it very difficult to use the site now. I have not looked much since the switch.

what specifically do you find difficult?  are you using your phone mostly or computer?  What internet browser are you using?  

23 hours ago, brian390 said:

Why does our previous past posts have other members comments as our own?

No idea what you are talking about unless you mean when you quote people and their comments show up as quotes in your post?

3 hours ago, CouesWhitetail said:

No idea what you are talking about unless you mean when you quote people and their comments show up as quotes in your post?

Some of my posts that I used a quote show parts of the quote from the other person, and not my comments. Other posts that I used a quote with show my actual comment.

37 minutes ago, brian390 said:

Some of my posts that I used a quote show parts of the quote from the other person, and not my comments. Other posts that I used a quote with show my actual comment.

sounds like you made a mistake using the quote and posting?  you can PM me a link to the posts you see a problem with and I can take a look.  But there is nothing wrong with the current quote system that I can see.  It worked fine for you with this last post.   When using the quote function, just make sure to type your comments below the quote box, otherwise you will be editing the quote and your comments will get mixed into that box.  

I only get 1 page of new content and if I click load more activity nothing comes up. I’ve switched my filters a few times and it hasn’t helped. 

My filter settings are posted below. Does anyone notice something I should change? 

A75ACE20-0AE9-46C6-9782-199A4C0E0491.png

53 minutes ago, GJMauro12 said:

I only get 1 page of new content and if I click load more activity nothing comes up. I’ve switched my filters a few times and it hasn’t helped. 

My filter settings are posted below. Does anyone notice something I should change? 

A75ACE20-0AE9-46C6-9782-199A4C0E0491.png

The time period is set to last visit. I think that’s a default. I can’t change it permanently, have to change it each visit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

The time period is set to last visit. I think that’s a default. I can’t change it permanently, have to change it each visit.

If you want to change it permanently, you have to create your own stream.  In the upper left of the forum when you are logged in, look for the Activity drop down menu, click on that and then click on My Activity Streams.   Then look for Create New Stream button and click on that and change the settings to how you like them.  Then make sure you save it to a name you like.  Then when you want to view that stream when you come back to the forum, click Activity, then My Activity Streams, then click on the name of the stream you created.  It's cumbersome, I know, but that's the way to create a custom stream.  I set the default stream to be using settings similar to how the old forum was (ie, displaying unread content since last visit).

• Like 1