Adicted

This new forum layout

Am i the only one struggling. I have tried different themes too.  Sometimes i click unread content but then i cant find stuff i clicked on before.  I then switch to activity and feellike i see the same chit over and over and over.  I gave it a few weeks but either im a dip-chit or this new layout is 100% terrible for a user.  

Sorry had to vent

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

I agree, I don’t like it either. I’m getting on here less and less.

This is how I feel too...And this is what Amanda needs to adress.  I have heard this statement from several people.  If its not easy and fun to scroll around and read, then people will go elsewhere.

• Like 6

I have never used the "New Content". Guess maybe it's faster but I just go in from the Forum page and look at each sub-forum and if it is grayed out then I know there is no new content. If it is not then I open it up and see which topics have new posts. If I want to see what that new stuff is I open it up and it brings me to the last post I viewed. If I don't want to read any of it them I click on the last page then back out when it opens.

The best part is that now when I am done reading all the new posts when I back out of the post it grays out. It never used to do that unless I refreshed the page. Heck I'm probably the oldest person on CWT but then I have been working with computer technology since the late 70's.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tropicalmulch said:

I agree. I dont like topics dissapearing after i open them once and i dont like having to scroll through the hole thread to get to what i havent read yet

Hit the black dot next to the topic and it takes you right to what you haven’t read

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BowhunterAZ said:

I agree. I miss where topics just gray out after you read them instead of disappear.

I concur. I’m getting used to the new format, but to me, this is the biggest feature that I miss from the old board. 

Clicking “activity” gives us too much info. It’s too busy to follow. Eliminate everything except topic titles and “activity”  might actually be useful. 

• Like 2

I changed skins just so I could read it. The format is similar one of my gold forums so there's a little familiarity. Don't know yet how to adjust some if my favorite settings I miss like being anonomous. 

Until I figure it all out, I have other pursuits.

I liked the views and likes from before, and now when you reply it disappears, but it's cool.

1 minute ago, Edge said:

I changed skins just so I could read it. The format is similar one of my gold forums so there's a little familiarity. Don't know yet how to adjust some if my favorite settings I miss like being anonomous.

Gold forums?