Sign in to follow this  
missedagain

bogus points for lope

i was told that bighorn has slightly better drawing odds than pronghorn. my youngest son has a good friend who had his 3rd pronghorn permit in 07. he's 22. it ain't fair. Lark.

I'll pray that I get one this year, and anyone else with more than 12 BP's. I have 14 now and have been putting in for the same unit every year, 34B......just kidding! :lol: But I am serious about wanting a tag. I've gone out with many a friend when they had a tag and believe me I get the itch. They sure don't hesitate to give me any grief about not getting a tag and sure rub it in every year. I actually ran into a gentleman this past Sept. who was up there in age, pushing 80, that just drew his first antelope tag. So in reality, I still have a chance. Good luck everyone!

My last antelope tag was in 2006 and I think I had 14 or 15 bonus points. My wife has 13 pts. this year. Hang in there you'll get one.

How does the max bonus point system work?

20% of the tags for each hunt number are given to those with the max number of bonus points in an initial drawing. The 10% NR cap still applies.

20% of the tags for each hunt number are given to those with the max number of bonus points in an initial drawing. The 10% NR cap still applies.

So that leaves 70% for all the lucky people. :(

That would be 80% for all the lucky people. ;)

That would be 80% for all the lucky people. ;)

Isn't it 20% for max and 10% for non res?

Isn't it 20% for max and 10% for non res?

No, because the 10% is not set aside, it is an "up to 10%". That is how there can be no tags left over for non res. after the bonus pt drawing which is a set aside 20%. So only if all of the 20% max pt tags go to residents then non residents will be competing for residents for the lucky 80%. Hope that makes sense.

I'll do you guys a favor and drop out of the Antelope tag lottery this year. 2 gun tags in 6 years is enough....

FOR NOW!

BWAAHAHAHAAA!

I'll do you guys a favor and drop out of the Antelope tag lottery this year. 2 gun tags in 6 years is enough....

FOR NOW!

BWAAHAHAHAAA!

I could say the same on Bull tags ;) 4 in a row . OOOps did I say that :unsure:

Like heck I am dropping out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Someone on here has said that the Game and Fish puts out a book showing the max points system. For example unit 1 bull you need atleast 20 bonus points to get the max points. Or if you have 20 bonus points you will draw the next time around. What is the book called I would like to get a copy.