Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Swaro 12x50 or 15x56HD?

If you plan to still carry your 10x42's then go with the 15x56's. If you are trying to just carry 1 then go with the 12x50 and tripod mount it for best glassing.

It would be our pleasure to assist you with this purchase as well as discuss these options with you.

• Like 1

I have used both side by side many times, I owned both at the same time.  My uncle uses the 15 hd’s and I use the 12 el’s so I probably spend 15 days a year glassing next to the 15s and there is never a time when I wish I had the 15’s over my 12’s.  Get the 12’s, don’t look back.  The field of view and the little extra clarity put the 12’s in a class of their own.

3 hours ago, bonecollector said:

I've used both and have sold both.😩 

Going back to el 12's.

LOL. Sounds like something I would do. Glad it didn't happen with my single most expensive (non-motorized) piece of gear. 

• Like 1

Try LEICA 12X or 15X they are miles ahead of those Swarovski. Spend your money once and be forever satisfied. I have owned them all and it  is LEICA hands down above the rest.

Dan 

1 hour ago, win71 said:

Try LEICA 12X or 15X they are miles ahead of those Swarovski. Spend your money once and be forever satisfied. I have owned them all and it  is LEICA hands down above the rest.

Dan 

Most unbiased optic reviews disagree. 

sure they disagree but I have  used both in the field of both powers owned both of each and if you haven't used LEICA you don't know what you are missing. The difference is clarity and brightness. optic reviews are never unbiased I'm sure you can find good reviews for Vortex but I wouldn't carry them. My opinion is based on my own personal experience and that of others I have known to have switched from Swarovski to Leica. Swarovski not bad just not as good optically or mechanically. Besides Swarovski is a crystal manufacture, optics is a side line business for them. 

I had the 15x56 slc then geovid 15x56 then. The 12x50 el. The liecas are good but they are not In The same league. 

The only optics reviews I value are from Birding forums. Those guys are nutty about optics and have zero bias. 

I just remembered your the the guy who argues with every one about every thing.  If I would have remembered I would not have even addressed your comment. 

• Like 2

I don't argue with everybody and wasn't arguing with you. I was voicing an opinion based on my own experience. If I have upset you I am sorry If you like your Swarovski glasses enjoy them, I know this is Swarovski  and Berger country and nothing else works but don't pin argues with everyone on me. You folks are too sensitive and remember a closed mind never learns.

Dan  

I don’t have a closed mind. I used the best Leica has to offer for a year. Bergers are crap. 

But to be fair this is a thread talking about 12x50 el vs 15x56hd becaue they both are in a class of their own. 

26 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

Those bird guys do give awesome reviews on stuff. 

With no slants or bias. If it’s better it’s better regardless of the logo. They are some hair splitting sob’s though. 

I here you and we agree Berger's are crap,  50% is pretty good. If you just want to compare 12X to 15X I will agree 12X is better 90% of the time. 15X is a specialty piece of equipment for ultra long range work. When you need them you need them, when you don't you don't. You do have to remember the birders glass at close range most of the time at less than 400 yards.

Dan 

3 hours ago, win71 said:

Dan 

Laughing....

You've got very special eyesight then...

• Like 1