BlueRubicon

Hunting Report ?

53 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Haha,. I wish that was the case.  I had a 125 grain broadhead that I've been practicing with for my upcoming bison hunt. Out of the 5 arrows guess which one I picked.  Also I think my subconscious was telling me don't shoot you still have four more days to hunt

Not the best pic but you get the idea

IMG_20181224_084543.thumb.jpg.166296b6118d4465160f93464d7f81d8.jpg

Are you recurving again this year?

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

Are you recurving again this year?

I did my limited opportunity cow hunt with my recurve.  dang bulls kept getting the way.  Have some cool cell phone video.  Once I found out I got a bison tag, I put the recurve away and started with my compound again.  I didnt want shooting to be the reason for me not getting one.  

20 minutes ago, idgaf said:

I did my limited opportunity cow hunt with my recurve.  dang bulls kept getting the way.  Have some cool cell phone video.  Once I found out I got a bison tag, I put the recurve away and started with my compound again.  I didnt want shooting to be the reason for me not getting one.  

Makes sense. 

Heading to 24A this weekend, chasing after WT in the Pinals (again). I hope the rut turns up a bit with this cold weather coming through. Nights are not getting any longer, so they should start?

3rd Quarter moon too, may help keep them moving during shooting hours.

I wish they'd fix that dang webcam at the top on the antennas.

GL everyone.

We filled 4/4 late rifle tags as of today. Everyone shot following a doe. Today I shot my buck by getting him to stand up and come out of thick cover using a bleat. Come on Jan 1!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NeckRoast said:

We filled 4/4 late rifle tags as of today. Everyone shot following a doe. Today I shot my buck by getting him to stand up and come out of thick cover using a bleat. Come on Jan 1!!!

What unit were you in?

19 hours ago, varnco said:

Heading to 24A this weekend, chasing after WT in the Pinals (again). I hope the rut turns up a bit with this cold weather coming through. Nights are not getting any longer, so they should start?

3rd Quarter moon too, may help keep them moving during shooting hours.

I wish they'd fix that dang webcam at the top on the antennas.

GL everyone.

Friend is up there now, no rut activity yet he says.

2 hours ago, varnco said:

What unit were you in?

36c which we have been trying to get for 4 years, because the rut is usually late there so the deer keep their normal patterns. This year it was on from day one oddly. Glassed my target buck 2 miles from home chasing a doe. 

1 hour ago, NeckRoast said:

36c which we have been trying to get for 4 years, because the rut is usually late there so the deer keep their normal patterns. This year it was on from day one oddly. Glassed my target buck 2 miles from home chasing a doe. 

So let's see some pictures

2 hours ago, bonecollector said:

Friend is up there now, no rut activity yet he says.

Bummer. Is he up high chasing WT or low with mullies?