CatfishKev

Do we really need a border wall?

Do we really need a wall?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. With the shutdown going can't help but wonder what opinions are of the subject. A wall could work maybe but would a lot of Border Agents lose jobs? On a smaller scale you might still have to consider wildlife such as Jaguars. What do you guys think is the best approach?

• Build a giant physical wall.
    • A high tech wall With more sensors, night vision cams and blimps similar to what we have in Sierra Vista, supported by more Border agents
    • Hire more Border Agents

15 hours ago, Edge said:

Interesting article on the ability for the president to build the wall using the military and no need for emergency declaration.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/29/watch-defense-official-nothing-stopping-trump-from-authorizing-military-to-build-border-wall/

Then get going on taking care of the border......sounds legit to me.......

I used to have a high opinion of other hunters and think that they were smarter than the avg person...

• Like 2

Meaning were stupid for having our own opinion? isn't that what America used to be about, our am I way off?

17 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Meaning were stupid for having our own opinion? isn't that what America used to be about, our am I way off?

Have your own opinion. It doesn’t mean you’re not wrong 

• Like 2

Who determines right and wrong the internet? Just trying to figure this out, not trying to start fight 

12 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Being on the internet is irrelevant 

Are you just being you or did I miss something, not sure what your saying is right and why how America used to be is wrong. Please enlighten me. Thanks

Not to derail, but economic sanctions seem to be a powerful tool. I would think that the right amount and type of pressure on Mexico and they could and would police the border from their side. Just have to push the right buttons to make it in their best interest. If we don't have enough political capital to pull that off we've got much bigger problems not too far down the road. 

• Like 1

Just now, Coach said:

Not to derail, but economic sanctions seem to be a powerful tool. I would think that the right amount and type of pressure on Mexico and they could and would police the border from their side. Just have to push the right buttons to make it in their best interest. If we don't have enough political capital to pull that off we've got much bigger problems not too far down the road. 

The Mexican version of the Marines is providing meals and tents for asylum seekers..........I agree with sanctions......

• Like 1

And the last 3 Mexican presidents were on the take from El Chapo...and possibly the current one too

11 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Are you just being you or did I miss something, not sure what your saying is right and why how America used to be is wrong. Please enlighten me. Thanks

are you arguing that theres no need for a wall or what?

14 minutes ago, Coach said:

keep them out by making the economic situation worse in mexico? with no barrier to stop them from coming?

Thankyou, point well taken. I'm little bus slow. It makes sense, let's give it a try.