4Falls

fall-away rests

I love my limbdriver. Awesome rest, very simple to set up, and very accurate. Also check out Archerytalk.com. Huge archery board with some really knowledgeable guys.

I like the Limbdriver as well. Agree that it is very easy to set up and very accurate. There is no tying into the buss cable, which was the biggest selling point for me.

Hey Guys...

I have had the Trophy Taker and the Ultra but I think I am going to switch to a NAP Quicktune.. I liked the micro-adjustability of the TT but I didn't like the fact that it was not a containment rest. I played with there extreme rest but I think it is loud, those extra bars sound like a tuning fork. The Ultra is cool because you could lock it up but it is not micro-adjustable.

If you want to try a TT or a Ultra I would cut you a good deal...

Jason

I put limbdrivers on both my bows and love them. Easy to tune and easy to install. Some people are worried that the cord from the rest to the upper limb may cause problems but I have yet to see any. I do put medical tape over the launcher arms to reduce some noise when I draw.

I have a Spotthogg Whammy and a Guide Series Drop Zone if anyone is interested. The drop zone has some wear but still functions perfectly. Its camo. The Whammy is pretty much new.

Jeff

Thanks for all the respones! I have been shooting the old whisker bucket, I chose it because of its simplicity. But now see the need to go fall away. Ive been lookin at the TT pronghorn and the Quicktune. Does anyone have any experience with the G5 rest?

I don't have any experience with the G5 rest, but if it like the rest of their products it should be solid. The Trophy Taker and Quiktune are both good choices as well. I went with the Limbdriver because I have a binary cam Bowtech, and tying onto the cables can mess with synchronization of the cams.

well right now i shoot the wiskerbisket but are the fall aways that much better?

-tanner

The way I look at whisker bisquits is that you have constant drag along the arrow and if the fletching does not go through the same spot it will not fly the same. I like the fall-aways alot more because the fletchings never touch the rest so it does not impare flight.

And I have witnessed this first hand. Eventually, the whiskers will start to fray, and that will severly change how the arrows fly!

I have been contemplating switching to a drop away rest myself. I currently use a WhiskerBisquit and am looking at the QAD Ultra Rest Pro Series HD. I have a friend who just recently put this rest on a Mathews Drenalin and the groups this guy is shooting are pretty remarkable. Do any of you out there have any experience with the QAD drop away rests?

I shoot a trophy taker shakey hunter but my next bow will have the trophy taker pronghorn. I like the trophy hunters just because they are a simple design and are very consistent. When it comes to a dropaway you really cant go wrong with any of them that are on the market. Alot of people like the ripcord and ultrarest since you can lock them up before the shot (also because it has a bar across) so ou do not need to worry about the arrow coming off. With those 2 rest when you draw back and release they will then work like a normal dropaway.

shoot the pronghorn and would strongly recommend it although i have only shot 3 drop aways, i like the design of the pronghorn best.

Great thread going here. I'm also looking into drop aways. I'm looking at getting a new bow soon and am I'm thinking I might try one of the QAD's even their lower end model looks good. They seem a lot like the ripcords and the Lock-down technology look like a good idea. I also like the bar on top that keep the arrow from falling off.

Mike

I havent been real impressed with the wisker biscuit... it tears up your fletching awful quickly from what I experienced. I have been shooting a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter for over two years now... It is a very simple and strong design... No fletching contact. Very Accurate.. and has never failed. It was also extemely easy to set up and shoot. I have never had an arrow fall of the rest either. From the time I have put it on my bow the only thing else I have added to it was a little piece of felt and that has been it. With a rest like the wisker biscuit through time you have to replace your fletches a little sooner then normal and then later it would be the biscuit... Depending on how long you plan on keeping it can be costly to keep it in good shape. If you come across some wet weather and the biscuit gets wet.. then it is going to shoot differently. I dont know. When I look for anything on my bow, I look for the strongest, most dependable thing I can find. I have never heard or experienced anything bad regarding the Trophey Taker.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't see the need for a fall away rest unless your arrows have radical helicals. More moving parts equal more noise and a greater chance for something to go wrong. I never could figure out the appeal of the whisker biscuit either, unless you were going to shoot under 30 yards or upside down. I have used a cavalier prong rest for years. I only need to tune with every string change. The rest of the year it is locked down and ready to go. No worries.