Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Looking for a new GPS

I've used the Gameplanner maps with Avenza.You pay for the unit you want but it does everything I need and the smartphone resolution is great. I have an LGG3.

goma

Does anyone know if any of the Android apps have a point and go feature where you set the direction in and type in how many yards? I can do that on my GPS but not with onx.  It's great for marking a location for a stalk or where an animal may have been when you shot to start finding the blood trail.  This has been the only reason I still have my gps.

I had on x on my iPhone and would downloaded maps when I knew where I would be but so many times I would be out of service and going into another area driving maybe 25 - 50 miles then hike or horseback and needed to have another map downloaded for off line and didn’t. I bought the on x N.M. card and now just use my gps....Oregon 650T ... canceled the phone app. Look at the Garmin Montana if you want a big screen.

Back to the original part of the on x not opening up without signal trying to use pre down loaded maps? Is this a glitch and going to be fixed or the new norm cuz it sucks at the moment.

17 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Does anyone know if any of the Android apps have a point and go feature where you set the direction in and type in how many yards? I can do that on my GPS but not with onx.  It's great for marking a location for a stalk or where an animal may have been when you shot to start finding the blood trail.  This has been the only reason I still have my gps.

Yep. BackCountry has the same route making feature as Google Earth.  Measures the straight line distances between each waypoint