Sign in to follow this  
Donovan

Transfer pump

We just use a 12v water pump like they put in rvs. A clear hose and electrical run to a cigarette lighter with an online on\off switch.  Works great for hosing off game meat or a quick shower too    I carry one in a little duffel in the truck    

Thanks jdown. That’s exactly what I need. If your happy with yours can you give me the model name? Just so many different brands out there I don’t want to buy one that’s junk. Thanks again

I don't have my notes in front of me. Was researching 12V pumps for similar use and was able to do internet search for what I wanted. Ended up finding several highly recommend pumps. Short of a good recommendation search "Best 12V RV Water Transfer Pump". Good luck.

• Like 1

Just curious. I thought most pumps weren’t intrinsically safe and could start fires.  Pumps listed as safe cost a whole lot more. 

Is is anybody worried about using a water pump?

If you are transferring water or any other non flammable liquid you can use just about any pump out there. If you are transferring ANY FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS absolutely do not use any pump that is not designed to handle combustible/ flammable products. If you do it’s only a matter of time before you kill yourself and those around you....

• Like 1

Hard to lift a 50 gal jug above an rv fill and the pressure works great to wash down meat (yourself included). 

Here is my pump. I mounted it to a board for ease of use.  

IMG_2065.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azelkhunter2 said:

If you are transferring water or any other non flammable liquid you can use just about any pump out there. If you are transferring ANY FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS absolutely do not use any pump that is not designed to handle combustible/ flammable products. If you do it’s only a matter of time before you kill yourself and those around you....

I misread the post.  I thought they wanted to transfer fuel.  Sorry. 

Yes--every time so far. I usually have an old aluminum arrow zip tied to the end that goes into the drum to keep the hose straight and to the bottom of the tank if you are using it on big tanks.  If just on 6gal for washing meat or whatever then you don't need.  

Shurflo. I use one daily for concrete cutting. They last for years. Any rv store has them on the shelf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1