Thanks to an invite from an old High School friend and my Brother-in-Law's (both residents) willingness to go with me, I was able to finally get my first grizzly in AK. This was a hunt my Dad always wanted to go on, but never got the opportunity before he passed away. I used his old model 70 .338 Winchester that was handed down to me, because it only seemed right. I was actually able to connect with a great interior Grizzly and as an extra bonus I tagged out on a nice black bear boar also.

20190530_225352.jpg

• Like 16
  • Love 2
  • Wow! 1

Awesomeness man, my bucket list someday!

• Like 1

Sweet!  I hope to do the same in five weeks!!  What unit did you hunt?  Did you fly in with an air taxi, or what kind of access did you have?  Did you glass him in the berries or hit him on a salmon run?  Some details please!😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kidso said:

Sweet!  I hope to do the same in five weeks!!  What unit did you hunt?  Did you fly in with an air taxi, or what kind of access did you have?  Did you glass him in the berries or hit him on a salmon run?  Some details please!😁

I'm kind of late posting it. It was a spring hunt and we actually were able to sit on a bait for one and just trail sit the other. We used a sled to access some more remote river area. Good luck on your upcoming hunt!