Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Want to buy

If anyone has one in or near tucson for sale I would love to have it. we are looking to build our own house but I just cant see spending 80-90 bucks for a book

thanks

Daniel

520-309-9669

I'll look I think I have an extra.

:blink: Extra??? :blink: :rolleyes:

What do you read that thing when your sitting on the Crapper and then have one behind your truck seat, too??? :rolleyes: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you wad the pages in a ball then roll them in your hand they get real soft and make wonderful T.P.

I've actually used it a few times to prove the all knowing building inspectors wrong.

If anyone has one in or near tucson for sale I would love to have it. we are looking to build our own house but I just cant see spending 80-90 bucks for a book

thanks

Daniel

520-309-9669

Also keep an eye out for the "International Residential Code" (IRC), we built a house 2006-2007 and Pima County Develpoment Services (from a permitting perspective) references the the IRC a lot...i found myself spending a few hours at a public library where most of the references/codes are available. It is not ideal, but i did get the info i needed.

Well for starts you better go for the 2006 IRC code book not the 2003 since Pima county has already adopted the 2006.

http://www.iccsafe.org/e/prodshow.html?pro...cbbknfbnb5629|5

For the local stuff check out the Pima County amendments to the codes....

http://www.pimaxpress.com/Building/default.htm

A 2005 NEC book is also highly recommend unless you have access to an electrical residential contractor that won't mind you picking his brain every night after work.... mine I think is about to change his number.

But I agree the 2006 IRC book is well worth the money if you're thinking of being the General Contractor for the job. If you're going to outsource that part of the job then I'd not worry about it too much.

I bought my 2003 IRC from Barns & Noble years back and very glad I did. I've learned a ton from it & reference it often... more now that I've started construction than before.

Having just spent the last year trying to get permits I can say... you'll probably spend more money in parking downtown at the Development Building than the IRC book alone.... so just figure the book as a sunk cost and part of the project. Buy it and then sell it later on...

Hope that helps some... Good luck and be patient, permitting is a nasty process. Go prepared for the worse.

To words I learned to hate.... "set backs" and I have a very large lot.

cmc

If bulding a house, a $80 book of codes should be your last concern!

Ya... when you're getting pricing of $400 for all the door/drawer pull knobs in the kitchen alone... an $80 book is pretty minuscule.

Buy my wife loves the drawer pulls and that's all that matters... Right?

:D :D :D

cmc

If bulding a house, a $80 book of codes should be your last concern!

Ya... when you're getting pricing of $400 for all the door/drawer pull knobs in the kitchen alone... an $80 book is pretty minuscule.

Buy my wife loves the drawer pulls and that's all that matters... Right?

:D :D :D

cmc

I know the feeling. All the copper ones in our kitchen cost me about that when I did the remodel a couple years ago. That wasn't near as bad as the cost for the copper-plated kitchen faucet setup at $650! I'd hate to think what they would cost with the price of copper today. -TONY

205.jpg

216.jpg

After shopping for our stainless steel under-mount sink, it was then I realized I'm in the wrong business. Unbelievable how much some items in your house actually cost.

I ordered several of my items from this site (http://www.homecenter.com/) and ended up saving about $450 on the three items I got from them for our kitchen remodel project.

I will say this... both of our Maytag/Amana items in the kitchen have gone south, fridge & oven @ 3 yrs of age each. I regret not going all GE in the beginning. The two GE products that get the most abuse are chugging along just fine. Oh well, lesson learned.

cmc

I bought the pulls online from some outfit in Oklahoma and the faucet set-up from one in OH. They wanted close to $800 for the latter locally.

Now I'm sitting here chuckling a bit about your comment on the appliances. The stove in the one photo is a Maytag; it's more than 10 years old. Never a problem. The fridge in the photo below is an Amana; it's almost 15 yrs. old. The only repair has been the installation of two new icemakers in the fridge. Just goes to show the adage, "Everyone's mileage may vary" is quite true. :lol: -TONY

Thanks for all the reply's. We are actually building in Cochise county just north of Benson and they reffrence the 2003 book on the Coshise county website. I guess if I worked from the 2006 book I would be ok? we are planning on being our own general contractors and our own sub-contractors as well. Between my dad, my close friends (or atleast they are now until I start the project :lol: ), and myself I think I got the majority of it covered. All I need to sub out is the septic and whatever the power and water company need to do to get utilities to the house. I just have my head spinning trying to talk to the county asking what I think are simply questions and they telling me to "look in the book" I guess they are just covering their own butt's can"t blame them for that. Oh and thanks in advance Terry (25-06) I have officially volanteered you to do my tile work for the low price of a twelve back of Bud and some Buffalo taco's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Daniel I dont have an extra. the 06 book will be different than 03.

If you use common sense and general construction knowledge you should do just fine. The majority of code issues arrise in the plumb and electrical phases so it might be wise to consult a pro there.

I've got a 2003 International Business Code book that I could part with. It's in brand new condition. PM me if you're interested and we can work out the details.

Thanks,

Tim

The latest NEC would be the 2008. Hate to see you spend the money on the 2005 since there are some changes in 2008 that would affect some of the work on your house.