Sign in to follow this  
az41mag

Replacement boot laces?

The boot laces on my Danner Pronghorns finally gave out after 7 years and a lot of miles. The Danner brand replacement laces I purchased are pretty wimpy feeling and small in diameter compared to what originally came with them. Does anyone have any suggestions for good replacement laces?

Thanks

10 hours ago, az41mag said:

The boot laces on my Danner Pronghorns finally gave out after 7 years and a lot of miles. The Danner brand replacement laces I purchased are pretty wimpy feeling and small in diameter compared to what originally came with them. Does anyone have any suggestions for good replacement laces?

Thanks

Either Duluth Trading Co. or Kennetrek Boots.  Both good.

forepaw

When the laces wore out on my Ariat Work Boots I went back to Boot Barn in Mesa to get another pair. They had some dark brown Made in USA laces for $9.99 a pair. I could have bought some Chinese ones for half but these are much better quality.

Very similar to these.

https://www.bootbarn.com/obenaufs-industrial-strength-72-boot-laces/2000037968.html?dwvar_2000037968_color=001#sz=48&start=58

• Like 2

I also use paracord. When you melt the tips, also heat up (but not melt) about 3/4" at the end. It will make it hard and easier to push through any eye loops.

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to give the paracord a try since I have some on hand. If that fails I'll try some of the other suggestions mentioned above.

For everyday work, play, hunt  laces that I don’t have the time or patience if they break try Rhino laces.   Boots wear out before my laces,  have not broke one yet.