biglakejake

Reverse who was I?

this one will get your titties in a wringer sure as shootin'.  my name was Juan Tabo and i have stuff named for me all over the southwest.  a local businessman here in show low likes to use this name as his racing handle.  good luck,

lee

I don't think anyone knows who Juan Tabo is. Some say a Priest some say a sheephearder. I know there is a street named after him in Scottsdale and in Albuquerque, NM.

11 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

if youre going to make these threads can you at least make them about someone or something thats local and actually interesting?

i agree.  notice how quiet it is-there are some fellas with their noses in the internet-on the hunt!

lee

I know the answer, and have lived on Juan Tabo Ave. too. I'll just sit back...

41 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

if youre going to make these threads can you at least make them about someone or something thats local and actually interesting?

He said it would get your titties in a wringer. I figured you would be all over that?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

Seems to me, that Juan Tabo is sort of a myth. Nobody really knows who he was. Kinda like "Where's Waldo"

kinda like juan valdez?  

Juan Tabo opened the first taco stand in 1890 on the corner of what is now Juan Tabo Blvd. and Central Ave. in Albuquerque. Each morning when he opened, he would ring a bell. Folks would hear the bell, ride their horses up to Juan's place and get their tacos without dismounting. Juan's stand was so successful that he licensed others to copy his business model across the West. Each and every one of them included the bell ringing, so the diners waiting for Juan to open each day would say, "There's Juan's taco bell." Thus, the humble beginnings of Juan's efforts grew into that legacy that we now know as the Taco Bell dynasty.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Snapshot said:

I wonder if Juan's Tacos gave people Diarrhea? 💩😂

Likely added for authenticity at a later date. 

20 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Each and every one of them included the bell ringing, so the diners waiting for Juan to open each day would say, "There's Juan's taco bell." Thus, the humble beginnings of Juan's efforts grew into that legacy that we now know as the Taco Bell dynasty.

no surprise...we have a nimrod amongst us who got an A in creative writing.  not just high school his whole dang career!

lee

9 hours ago, biglakejake said:

no surprise...we have a nimrod amongst us who got an A in creative writing.  not just high school his whole dang career!

lee

I cracked up when I read the above because you were dead on. Although I got decent grades, Creative Writing and Speech were the only two classes I aced during my journey through journalism in college.