Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Looking for suggestions for a fun rental car

Going to Denver for the holiday and and looking at renting from Enterprise either a Maserati Ghibli class car or a Chevy Corvette Coupe. Any feedback?

class reunion?

• Haha 1

Look at the app TURO, they have everything 

• Like 1

Corolla pay the extra insurance and drive the wheels off that sucker! 🤣

The vette over the Ghibli every day.  

• Haha 1

TURO has lots of cars for great prices

20027315-F6AD-4A84-8BC1-D994A30F3550.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, knothead said:

class reunion?

This year will be my 50th but no. Thanks for asking. Flying into Denver to visit my sister and her family south of there for Thanksgiving on the day before. My niece admitted herself into rehab yesterday so I thought I rent a car and drive to Estes Park to visit her (if she can have visitors) since my sister will be working when I get there. She is a Cardiology Nurse Practicioner. She and I have always been pretty close, even more so since my daughter passed in 2007 at 18. I've rented some Camaros and Mustangs but they aren't exactly what I'd call stellar performance. Kinda miss the throttle response of my 69 Charger.

Throttle response on some cars these days is outrageous! You may have a bit of turbo lag on the turbo charged motors but the “pin to seat” factor makes up for it. And to think........ there’s no longer a throttle cable.

18 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Throttle response on some cars these days is outrageous! You may have a bit of turbo lag on the turbo charged motors but the “pin to seat” factor makes up for it. And to think........ there’s no longer a throttle cable.

Turbo lag is easily eliminated with a programmer, at least on my diesel truck. Twin turbos are great but if you are going to build it might as well do a supercharger although turbos are a little more friendly for daily driving.

6 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Turbo lag is easily eliminated with a programmer, at least on my diesel truck. Twin turbos are great but if you are going to build it might as well do a supercharger although turbos are a little more friendly for daily driving.

I guess you can fly up with a tuner and reprogram the rental. I hadn’t thought of that, your gansta my friend! Haha.