Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Diesel Gelling?

Dont take the chance. Get the white bottle power service or Howes. Both of those got me through a winter in ND. 

Its $18 for piece or mind. Do it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

That was my plan. Going to my parents for Turkey day today, ill hit Walmart on the way. (Good God that sounds miserable)

Nothing like Black Friday shopping for a maintenance/necessity item. Maybe automotive cashier line will be short. LoL

21 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Nothing like Black Friday shopping for a maintenance/necessity item. Maybe automotive cashier line will be short. LoL

Cosmetics and Sporting Goods have check outs too

12 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

You don’t need it. In Kansas it’s like a high of 10 degrees everyday and I’ve never used it. You’ll be fine. 

A lot of time in northern climates they automatically switch their pumps to a #1/#2 blend.  You have to look hard in ND to find straight #2 diesel after about November.  You should be good down to zero or so with straight untreated #2 but I’d throw some Howe’s in it just to be safe.  Nothing worse then gelling up.  

• Confused 1

I

14 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

You don’t need it. In Kansas it’s like a high of 10 degrees everyday and I’ve never used it. You’ll be fine. 

In colder parts they blend diesel to reduce gelling. I would put some in because we may not have a blended fuel yet. 

You probably dont need it, but it would suck to find out the hard way. 

You better check the road closures.  Don't know how you plan on getting to 5B but I-17 is closed at the 179, 260 is closed at the Fossil Creek rd. 89A closed outside Sedona, 87 closed past Payson. Good luck

The red stuff, now everyone will be putting red diesel in their trucks when they come up north to play in the snow. They will say, I heard this was winterized diesel from someone on the internet.