Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

Interesting as it lay

38 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Looks like a person implanted it there

That was my first thought. However I think the deer did it. 

It was middle of nowhere so would have been an illegal that did it. It had other scrapes on the cactus at that area that had healed. If a person did it I'm not sure I would see that. Lastly, the match was within eyesight. So, the person could have done it twice.

I'm leaning toward the buck shed one, had an unbalanced head, and solved the problem immediately. But who knows.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

That was my first thought. However I think the deer did it. 

It was middle of nowhere so would have been an illegal that did it. It had other scrapes on the cactus at that area that had healed. If a person did it I'm not sure I would see that. Lastly, the match was within eyesight. So, the person could have done it twice.

I'm leaning toward the buck shed one, had an unbalanced head, and solved the problem immediately. But who knows.

Maybe but the middle of nowhere is pretty relative, your there. 

17 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Maybe but the middle of nowhere is pretty relative, your there. 

Ok bud - thanks for the input. I'm simply sharing what I found and the reasoning behind my suspicions. Believe it or not. I could give a shoot.

• Like 4

Ok, thanks for sharing. I though what you found was interesting also. Sorry for commenting on a interesting photo

All good. I glassed that shed up and had to go back for it as I was busy packing this guy out.

• Like 13
  • Wow! 1

8 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Went back for that???!? I woulda just walked out with the shed. 😉

Amen ...I didn't know what the buck was until I walked up to him. What I get for hunting solo. I only passed 5 bucks bigger than him that day...😯😬

• Like 1

Great buck and super unique find!  I've never seen or even heard of a shed stabbed into a cactus before.  And I think your guess as to how it happened makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for posting.