Thats easy.

Remington model 721 in .270

Killed my lion with it. Dad killed his first elk and deer with it. Late grandfather killed everything with it! Moose, Caribou, Black bear, Grizz, muleys, whitetail turkey.. you name it and grandpa killed it. It is VERY accaurate, especially for being 50+ years old. Im talking 1/2" every time! I love that gun and I would be a bum walking the streets with my Duovids and that rifle strapped to my back. It is old and beat up but man do I love that gun and does it shoot!

AzpackNhorns and RedRabbit have both seen it in action and they can attest to the accauracy of that old SOB!

What is your favorite rifle and what have you killed with it?

My mouse :(

And I have shot you down a couple of times

and you keep coming back :rolleyes:

You may have what it takes KID ;)

I will back off a little.

Maybe :unsure:

What is your favorite rifle and what have you killed with it?

My mouse :(

And I have shot you down a couple of times

and you keep coming back :rolleyes:

You may have what it takes KID ;)

I will back off a little.

Maybe :unsure:

:lol: thats o.k. im just curious. I guess I should say my favorite rifle is my Browning lever action 257 roberts my granpa killed a cow elk with it and I have killed two cow elk with it.

When I was 12 yrs old (I'll be 65 in Aug) my Grandfather gave me his rifle when he quit hunting ---too old to do it anymore. It was an '03 Springfield that was mildly customized. He bought it in 1939 through NRA for $7.50. He killed mule deer and blacktail deer with it.

In about 1965 I got the bug to make a longer range rifle out of it. I had a custom Fajen Varmiter stock put on, Timney trigger, Beuler safety and a 3-9 Weaver Widefield scope with Redfield Jr mount & rings. The barrel was cut off and crowned --to get rid of the ugly front site. I had it chambered to 308 Norma Mag--the 30-338 to you old wildcatters and very similar to the Win 300. I now use 79 1/2 gr of H4831 pushing 165 Noslers. I had played with both 180's & 150's depending on what I was after and finally settled on one load for all. I have killed Elk, both Bulls & cows, Mule Deer, Blacktail Deer, Coues and Antelope with it.

It has served me well in my years of hunting and has much sentimental value. I consider it a family heirloom.

BOB

Hey Casey, what's a whitetail turkey? They must be extinct or something now from over hunting and global warming or something like that? I'd sure love to add one of them to my big game collection. I'd probably put it up on the wall right next to my jackalope and a real nice snipe I caught when I was a kid on a camping trip with the boy scouts. ;)

Right now my favorite rifle is a Christensen Arms .270 weatherby mag. I've killed three coues deer, 1 mule deer, 2 antelope, and 2 javelina with it. It will probably become my back up rifle as soon as my .300 RUM custom is finished later this summer.

the whitetail turkey is in the same venacular as his dad uncle grandpa.............gotta use them commas, casey. now git back to them banjo lessons. Lark.

My Browning BAR .308. Took my first bull, first cow, first coues, first muley and 5 antelope with it. It shoots great and a fine looking rifle.

CouesTracker

gotta go with the christensen 700 in 7mm mag. I have taken 3 coues and 2 whitetail with it. with a neoprene sling it can be carried all day and not even know it is there. also you can put anything through that carbon barrel and it shoots them all the same. also the carbon barrel does not heat up when at the range so you don't have to worry about your bullets wandering all over the paper.

No surprise here... my Christensen 300 RUM. 7 lbs scoped, and like SunDevil said it shoots like a laser no matter what she eats. Best shooting rifle I've ever owned. Love that gun.

Remingtom model 600 .243. Small, light weight, and able to shoot accurately out to 400 yds. Carry it around all day and carry it and a whitetail out in one trip.

My favorite gun is my Browning titamium 300WSM. It is deadly. Its killed an antelope, a mountain lion and 4 coues deer. I sometimes think it can shot around corners. Its light and easy to shot. Best gun you can buy in my opinion.

Remington Model 700, 300 RUM. Stainless with synthetic stock, and now topped with a brand new SWAROVSKI Z6 scope. That rifle has taken Antelope, Coues deer, Mule deer, Elk, and many other varmints. My other favorite rifle is my Whitworth 375 H&H Mag. I used that to kill my moose and caribou with in Alaska. Not much use for that Caliber in Arizona though.. :(