U.T.A.H. Camp

Vehicle Break-In - Unit 33 on Catalina Hwy.

Trphyhntr, I would hope that it wasn't the same guy. That's a large area to cover. I haven't hunted that area since I was in high school. Was and probably still is a great area for quail. 

Thom, you forgot f'n Jersey. We've been getting unsavory transplants from these places for years. heck, Guiseppe Carlo Bonanno aka "Crazy" Joe retired here in the sixties. Suce a drastic change from that era, makes me think of the movie 'No Country for Old Men'

CatfishKev, I remember watching this exact episode when it first aired. They cut a bone chilling scene where one of the detectives told the mother of the 16 year old suspect that she doesn't joke about homicide investigations. There are some other crazy ones from Tucson. 

-Not ready at this time to address pb & terriers...sounds like terrier-ism.

Prdatr, of course we've seen it. That's one way to clean up the streets. I never saw the early Dirty Harry flicks except for renting them at Casa Video. 

Thanks for reminding all of us in the Tucson area that we grow our own scumbags here.  Hunting gear is expensive, and often not easily replaceable.

On 1/21/2020 at 2:11 PM, U.T.A.H. Camp said:

Just a heads up to be more diligent than I. My vehicle was broken into yesterday (Monday,  January 20th) while parked on Catalina Hwy. I've now lost my first two trail cameras to thieves, just not in the traditional manner. Also gone: Surface Pro, backcountry tent, sleeping bag and a range bag full of the many hard to account for things we keep in range bags, & many other items. They even stole a gallon of water. 

Dont give people a reason to break in your car!

Hunt hard, stay safe.

*UPDATE* - ARREST MADE 

Sheriff detective called yesterday to let me know that an arrest was made regarding my case. With serial numbers on several electronic items that were stolen, the break actually came because of a fanny-pack. I don't own alot of high end gear, but I did have a nice "specialty" fanny-pack. Not Nike or Adidas but a quality piece of gear from reputable backcountry equipment company. Crackheads dont sport sh*t like that...busted! They said that he was a career burglar, and he's headed to prison not jail. I'll update again with any other details.

-Patrick

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Thats awesome! Were they able to recover all your items?

So far the only positive id has been of the fanny-pack which remains in evidence through trial. Im not expecting anything significant to be returned. Just feels good knowing that there was some sort of...um   -   er... justice. 

• Like 3

Wow fast work!  Is he from Tuscon or Heber? :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That is great news the thief was caught!

Hopefully you get all your stuff back.

Jeff

• Like 1

When my stuff was stolen it was long gone by the time that they got caught.  The woman ring leader went to jail for 2 1/2 years and was supposed to pay restitution.  LOL The court doesnt do anything to help, you have to sue the perp yourself.  One of the perps was in jail for a year and then released for lack of evidence.  There is a warrant out for the arrest for another, still active after 20 years.  You will be lucky if you get your backpack back.  😷

• Wow! 1