Flatlander

The best 3 weeks of the year...

39 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Exactly...then 10 more threads about which units drawn. Then come Sept with bull pics the unit is suddenly top secret. Every year, but I still love seeing them all...

Well, yes and no... it's somewhat part of the process now, but after the day of no good news, frustration mounts.  Since misery loves company and none is generally found in those threads, I stop looking at them after a while and start searching for threads that say things like, "There's still hope, just got hit!", or "Planning on a trip to ________ to hunt elk" ...

If by chance there is a CC hit, then I for one will read them all! 

After a while though, most seem to migrate to one thread and the others fall by the wayside... especially those started after the "original legit post".

i actually miss calling the number and it being busy all day and then you finally get through to hear "you were not drawn for...elk"

i remember calling in at 330am going fishing one year, and it still took a dozen tries to get through 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

i actually miss calling the number and it being busy all day and then you finally get through to hear "you were not drawn for...elk"

i remember calling in at 330am going fishing one year, and it still took a dozen tries to get through 

Same. The 1/2 second before the busy signal would kick on was pure suspense!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RimCountry350 said:

I don't miss the old days when you had to wait almost 2 months to know if you got drawn.  Back then credit cards weren't used and you had to write a check with your app and then you'd get it refunded if you weren't drawn so no way to tell if your account had been "hit".

The vivid memories of me and my family sitting on the home phone, calling into AZGFD, getting a busy signal and hitting re-dial and repeat the process for about 45 minutes or longer before you'd get through and find the results LOL.  The process has sure come a long way!

yup, back then the results were around the end of March, which coincided with Spring Break. My buddy and I would be down at Roosevelt. At that time,  cell service was lacking and we'd drive up and down the lake trying to get the best service.

You'd finally get through,  but then the call would drop soon after! lol

Yes I can remember whining to AGFD about hearing in late July. They blamed it on the February aerial survey timing back then.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:32 PM, Flatlander said:

Two more days until the worst three hours of the year.  Starting about 9:00 AM friday when your phone starts to light up with the screenshots and no matter how many times you check that account . . . AZGFD simply wont take your money.

Fully enveloped in this phase right now... I hate my life.

• Like 1