hey guys. i've read the site for a while now, and have found it to be an excellent source of information. i value all of your opinions, and am just curious if any of you have ran into the arrow FOB's being made by a company in tucson. apparently they're a plastic disc that fits on the end of your arrow in place of vanes. just wondering what you all think of them.

thanks.

jay

hey guys. i've read the site for a while now, and have found it to be an excellent source of information. i value all of your opinions, and am just curious if any of you have ran into the arrow FOB's being made by a company in tucson. apparently they're a plastic disc that fits on the end of your arrow in place of vanes. just wondering what you all think of them.

thanks.

jay

Hi Jay,

I have just started using FOBs, and I am very happy with them. I first had to change my arrow rest (you must use a drop/fall away). A friend of mine emailed me some info on them a few years ago, but I could never use them since I used a W. Biscuit.

Paul (the inventor) of the FOB is very helpful and knowledgeable (visit Starrflight.com), he will answer all your questions.

I really do not see a reason to fletch another arrow. The fobs install in seconds and my arrow flight is better at longer distances ( I promise I can group at 80 yds). FOBs are not for everyone, but I like them. My broad-heads fly like my field tips (I use fixed blade WacEm), one practice head I have is damaged and the blades are messed up, that head flies great with the FOBs but not so well with blazers (about 2 inches low and to the right). There is a video on youtube that shows a guy taking a hammer to a fixed blade broad-head bending the blades it flew great with FOBs.

I just changed my arrow to a Easton full metal jacket (need a heavier arrow for elk), the FOBs I have will not fit the smaller shafts, I have ordered more. I plan to shoot them on the next few 3D shoots and make a final decsion on them.

I would say the best place to find out more info is on Archery Talk.

Hope this helps,

Redman

http://www.starrflight.com/index.php

I met Paul during my December coues hunt last year. He graciously gave me a sleeve of a dozen to try. With field points, they are grouping the same as the Blazers. I have not tried them with broadheads yet. There is a lot of positive talk about the FOB on Archerytalk.com. I have broke two FOBs when the arrows hit another in a group- best to use a 5-spot target.

Doug~RR

ive been playing around with them ,like them but the fob digs into my cheek when at my anchor point so i guess there not for me but they do group pretty well. my 0.2

Kast,

Could you try a longer nock, and/or a longer draw loop to get the FOB away from your face? THis may help unless your anchor point is too far back towards the ear.

I started using them last year, and have been very happy with them. Their main advantage is they can steer large broadheads better than vanes (especially in a crosswind) so they are more designed for hunters, but some people use them for 3d and spots also. I have shot both HellRazors and Spitfires with them and they flew great. So far I have only killed a wild pig, but the FOB worked just like it was supposed to and popped off marking the spot were the pig was hit. They are held on by the nock on your arrow so it depends on how tight your nocks fit as to how hard it is to pop the FOB off on a pass through, but that usually isn't much and is probably less than the force needed to drag conventional fletchings through the cavity of an animal anyway so over all penetration should be increased. (I got a complete pass through on my piggie - a 250 lb boar, even went through the offside shoulder :blink: ) As Doug said, you can't really shoot groups with them as you can bust them up, but I never shot groups much anyways.

Tyson, I'm not sure about that rest, but you could send those guys an email from their website or PM Paul on ArcheryTalk, his screen name is "Paul Morris". They are REALLY good about answering questions like that. And like others have said, Paul's service is absolutely top notch.

If you guys want to try some, send me a PM and I'll get you a couple from my stash to try (up to like 2 or 3 people ;) )

Hello all

I am the head of tech support for starrflight makers of the FOB! If anyone has any questions please feal free to ask. My e-mail is josh@starrflight.com

The phantom rest will work if set up correctly.

By the way we had our first FOB killed coues deer this January.

Anyone ever compare FOBs to Turbo Nocks? Hey fobshooter, is it possible to get a sample of 1 or 2 instead of laying out $20 for a dozen just to give them a try?

Thanks,

Mark

These look very interesting. One question to those of you who are using them. How do they hold up in day to day field conditions? i.e. wading through oak brush and manzanita? Sure would be disappointing to make a big long stalk only to have all you fobs lost in the brush somewhere.

These look very interesting. One question to those of you who are using them. How do they hold up in day to day field conditions? i.e. wading through oak brush and manzanita? Sure would be disappointing to make a big long stalk only to have all you fobs lost in the brush somewhere.

Wondering the same thing. plus mesquite and catclaw.

Bob

Well, I have a few coming my way. As soon as I get them, I'll stick them on and crawl through the manzanita and scrub oak and see what happens............ :ph34r:

Wondering the same thing. plus mesquite and catclaw.

Bob